Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

got my back shocks replaced.

Options
  • 29-04-2010 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭

I brought my car into the garage so they could look at the shocks just to see how they were.

went to pick it up and they were changing them for me. didn't think they would do them on the day but they fitted me in.
    very happy with service 150 euro for the two shocks local garage.

Advance pitstop wanted 300 euro for the job in athlone and and in galway same company wanted 300 euro just to fit one.. thats some price compared to what I just paid.

car feels much stiffer when taking a conner,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Out of pure curiosity whats the make, model and year of your car Cena? How Advance Pitstop do any business is beyond me, their prices seem to be extortionate. Would imagine its mainly if not exclusively fleet customers they deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

its a punto 02. is was into them on saturday getting tryes for my mothers astra and just asked them

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

was the garage any where near athlone?

i need shocks replaced myself!

no. its not near the town. its half an hour or so drive out of the town

cena wrote: »
    no. its not near the town. its half an hour or so drive out of the town
    in which direction? im in tullamore.

• Advertisement

do you know a village called ballygar. its near the boder of roscommon

bit far away me thinks.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭pie-man

the job should have cost 135.65 but sure they werent far off the mark

Would imagine its mainly if not exclusively fleet customers they deal with.

+ 1, I did hear that for them to satisfy (keep) their lucrative fleet accounts they have to have a level of coverage, ie outlets here there and everyway. They absolutely charge through the nose but the fleet dudes aren't bothered it seems.

Advertisement