Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plumbing problem.

• 29-04-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

We are in the middle of a bathroom renovation with all plumbing rearranged,tracing etc done soo far but it seems we have a problem which lies in the rear extension ensuite.
    Since the plumber changed around the setup in the orignal bathroom (renovated one) the taps in the rear ensuite has swapped as in cold water coming from hot and hot water from cold not only that but the electric shower in particular were the power rate is very strong and when you switch it to cold temp it goes hot now its sounds like its working off the tank (without actually me know much about plumbing) like a power shower or mixer when its not suppose to obviously. I already informed the company whom the plumber is contracted with as I haven't got a contact for him and am awaiting theire reply.
    Can anyone throw any light on this?

Thanks,
    Francie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 trevplumb

sounds like he crossed the hot and cold pipes at some stage, which could be difficult to repair depending on where the plumbing connections where made.
    The electric shower would normally be on its own feed from the cold water storage tank -- theres not much harm if it isnt, but hot water feeding the shower may damage it

i hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

trevplumb wrote: »
    sounds like he crossed the hot and cold pipes at some stage, which could be difficult to repair depending on where the plumbing connections where made.
    The electric shower would normally be on its own feed from the cold water storage tank -- theres not much harm if it isnt, but hot water feeding the shower may damage it

i hope this helps

yeah thats what i thought as in he may have to lift them again were he traced out on the floor.
    its a good job i found this out before the whole bathroom was complete yep i'd go along with you on this soo far.
    thanks

Advertisement