Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elvis lives

Options
  • 29-04-2010 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Elvis lives!!

Very well done.

For anyone who didn't see the American Idol show, Celine Dion appeared to walk out and stand next to Elvis as the two sang a duet of the classic "If I Can Dream." It was like he was raised from the dead -- but he's a hologram.

Estimated cost was said to have been between $50,000-$100,000 and that it took a very long time to create. Watch and listen to the audience going berserk, ... a truly amazing use of modern technology brings Elvis Presley back to life in front of you.

http://thehumorzone.co.uk/Videos/elvis_celine.wmv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Holy......

That is absolutely amazing. If I didn't know any better I would have thought that was Elvis standing there in the flesh.

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

thanks kleefar,great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Someone told me that this had been done already, by The Gorillazs?
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, wasn't that just on a screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

kleefarr wrote: »
    Someone told me that this had been done already, by The Gorillazs?
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, wasn't that just on a screen?

I think they did it on stage before, as the group wanted to remain ''unknown''.
    They were kind of cartoon characters though, not actual people.

Somehow doubt that the Gorillaz thing was done to such a high quality though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

That's ridiculously incredible. Really seems like something from way in the future.

I'd like to see what would happen if Dion put her hand through him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

There is no way that the audience seen what we saw, no way.

Holograms are not that good.

It has CGI written all over it.

If holograms were that good they would be a Elvis World tour and I would be first in the queue to buy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Des Carter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Makes sense now :)

I was wondering why this wasn't so publicised. If they had really got a hologram to look that good it would have been all over the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Similar thing done with this.

Both are still really impressive.

Advertisement