Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

chassis number

Options
  • 29-04-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi all

I have bought and restored a 1982 car and the place where the chassic numder was rotten and had to be cut out and replaced with loads of other spots aswell .

My problem is when i took it for nct they refused to test it as there is no number stamped into the chassis the only number is on the vin plate.

Is there any thing I can do to fix this problem legally so I can get the car tested and back on the road?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

iphone4g wrote: »
    Hi all

I have bought and restored a 1982 car and the place where the chassic numder was rotten and had to be cut out and replaced with loads of other spots aswell .

My problem is when i took it for nct they refused to test it as there is no number stamped into the chassis the only number is on the vin plate.

Is there any thing I can do to fix this problem legally so I can get the car tested and back on the road?

Thanks for any help

Create a new plate? Stamp it into the chassis yourself?

I dunno if these are legal reoutes but I dont see of any other way of doing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Lisnagry

Theta wrote: »
    Create a new plate? Stamp it into the chassis yourself?

I dunno if these are legal reoutes but I dont see of any other way of doing it!

I don't think you would get away with that,would motor tax office or the Garda have any info on the correct way to go about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

I stamped the chassis no. onto a stolen recovered car before and the NCT accepted it no problem.

Advertisement