Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Tullamore?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

fecking town gone mental! and that latest shooting is a bit to close to where i live...not happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

50 views and one reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

I was told that three Traveller families are involved. One of them is well known locally.

heard there was some feud alright!! they can feck off with their feud now or someone is going to be seriously injured :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Also heard it was fued related, My Aunt lives close to where it happened.
    It's terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

offaly1 wrote: »
    heard there was some feud alright!! they can feck off with their feud now or someone innocent is going to be seriously injured :eek:

Fixed your post.
    Shocking when its on your doorstep. The mother in law lives in the estate across the road. Scary when you see the amount of kids playing there.
    The last shooting in Tullamore was 20+ years ago.
    Down with this sort of thing.....

Careful now!

50 views and one reply!

Brendan Killeavy from Sinn Fien called for a calm between the families,
    Yea, that'll work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 papers21

Ye i seen Brendan calling for that on the local papers, not much else a cllr can do.He was the only one h-lighting it before the latest shooting, the rest of them have been very quiet. I heard another cllr on the radio during the week saying he thought the guards were doing a great job, dont know about that, it's a mediator that needs to be brought in to resolve this,
    They are not traveller familys as has being sugested earlier.
    This is scarey stuff for tullamore.

papers21 wrote: »
    Ye i seen Brendan calling for that on the local papers, not much else a cllr can do.He was the only one h-lighting it before the latest shooting, the rest of them have been very quiet. I heard another cllr on the radio during the week saying he thought the guards were doing a great job, dont know about that, it's a mediator that needs to be brought in to resolve this,
    They are not traveller familys as has being sugested earlier.
    This is scarey stuff for tullamore.

At least one family involved are "settled" Travellers.

Essexboy wrote: »
    At least one family involved are "settled" Travellers.

Yea. They're settled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

What estate was it? its been reported as Kilbrook, and now Cluain Darragh according to the RTE website? Where are those estates? I never heard of them!

Cherrycola wrote: »
    What estate was it? its been reported as Kilbrook, and now Cluain Darragh according to the RTE website? Where are those estates? I never heard of them!

Me neither but Cluain Darach seems to be off the Daingean Road.
    No idea where Kilbrook is but it is obviously an unsavoury area. See http://www.offalyexpress.ie/news/Four-arrested-after-arranged-fight.5997256.jp

Me neither but Cluain Darach seems to be off the Daingean Road.
    No idea where Kilbrook is but it is obviously an unsavoury area. See http://www.offalyexpress.ie/news/Four-arrested-after-arranged-fight.5997256.jp

Kilbrook is at the top of chancery lane, the clonminch road side... Its only fairly new in the past couple of years..

Ah i know where you're talking about now.

There was an accident on the Arden Rd last night, at the roundabout just in front of Eiscir Meadows, involving a motorbike. Rumours are that this is linked to those shootings also, that the Gardai were chasing the motorbike. Dont know how true that is though.

Kilbrook is at the top of chancery lane, the clonminch road side... Its only fairly new in the past couple of years..

Yea th rough looking one, and Arden zoo view.
    Didnt hear anything about the bike crash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Eleganza

http://www.icsh.ie/eng/content/download/1189/4694/file/ICSH%20Newsletter%20Spring%202009.pdf

This link mentions the then new social housing project of Cluain Darach in 2008.

Elsewhere in the PDF the document mentions there should be anti-social eviction procedures detailed in the lease between the occupier and the Council.

County Council should move to evict these tenants immediately. If incidents like this become the norm then certain parts of Tullamore will become no go areas.
    It is the County Council who need to move on this and not leave it up to the Gardai.
    Prison is an hazard that is taken for granted amongst those involved. Loosing the house might give them pause for thought.
    A couple of months in emergency shelter or back on the side of the road will sort them out.
    County Council should pay their legal fees to defend themselves against eviction, do everything by the book and then evict them.

Houses of similiar quality to these houses in Tullamore were trading at around a quarter of a million euro each in '08.
    There are a lot of decent people in Tullamore who are struggling to make ends meet while these psychopaths are swanning around with shotguns pursuing their own vendettas.

Yea theres one problem. County Co. are afraid of them, and theres more of a chance of them evicting honest people for nothing than having to evict fueding settled travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Rumor has it that some unsavory folk were moved from a dodgy part Limerick(for their or someone elses safety!!)and housed in Cluain Darach. I have a friend who lives near by and said he heard a shot from there.

Rumor has it that some unsavory folk were moved from a dodgy part Limerick(for their or someone elses safety!!)and housed in Cluain Darach. I have a friend who lives near by and said he heard a shot from there.

Great, so rather than deal with the scum, they just offload them elsewhere and let someone else deal with them. :rolleyes:

This town is really gone to the dogs lately, the amount of pondlife hanging around town Saturday night was unreal, shouting abuse at innocent passers-by. Pure pikeys!!!!:mad::mad:

I heard that too , they are in hophill, becoming a problem in the town.

• Advertisement

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Great, so rather than deal with the scum, they just offload them elsewhere and let someone else deal with them. :rolleyes:

This town is really gone to the dogs lately, the amount of pondlife hanging around town Saturday night was unreal, shouting abuse at innocent passers-by. Pure pikeys!!!!:mad::mad:
    Its not the people that are on the town that i would be worried about, its the people that are dealing in death ( herion) that i would be worried about, scum.

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Yea th rough looking one, and Arden zoo view.
    Didnt hear anything about the bike crash
    Kilbrook is a lovely estate , it not a bit rough a lot of young familys in there , they have their own little park, the place is spotless , Arden View is a grang place too, just has a bad name, there was a window shot in at hophill would you say that that is a rough place.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

I was told that three Traveller families are involved. One of them is well known locally.

Its not their fault its ours for not understanding and respecting their culture.

papers21 wrote: »
    Kilbrook is a lovely estate , it not a bit rough a lot of young familys in there , they have their own little park, the place is spotless , Arden View is a grang place too, just has a bad name, there was a window shot in at hophill would you say that that is a rough place.

Whats your point on young familys??:confused: I am a young man with a family. Does that mean i cant be rough??:confused:
    Why does Arden View have a bad name??? It dosnt get a reputation for nothing. A work collegue lives there, and a friend. I know what its like. There is lovely people there but unfortunately not all of them.
    poolboy wrote: »
    Its not their fault its ours for not understanding and respecting their culture.

And theirs for not respecting ours by keeping within the law;). I take it your comment was tongue in cheek???

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Dusty87 wrote: »

And theirs for not respecting ours by keeping within the law;). I take it your comment was tongue in cheek???

Im sure i dont know what you mean Dusty;)

I think all big towns have a certain amout of badness in them, but Mind you i've seen a few more "undesireables" around in recent times .... they seem to be coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

I have heard that 5 (yes FIVE) families from limerick have been re housed in Tullamore and Clara (the new estate on left on way in from Tullamore). Travellers have also been housed in Hophill. Arden View even 20 years ago had 'a few rough families' but the problem was they were always big families that bred like rug-rats.
    A garda car was burned out recently in Clara along with the shootings in Tullamore. Some of the schools are having problems with new troubled teens.
    Its all related.
    Problem shifted, but not solved, typical:mad:

thats it! moving a problem from one area to another is not going to solve anything!:mad: the problem has to be tackled... how or who is going to do that i dont know!

thats it! moving a problem from one area to another is not going to solve anything!:mad: the problem has to be tackled... how or who is going to do that i dont know!

Not the gaurds anyway, unless theres a murder. Maybe the IRA, when they're finished with the headshops:p;)

• Advertisement

Advertisement