Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Brief?! What are you doing!?

Options
  • 29-04-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Im doing the poster option for sure, but don't know which to pick : Fashion week, snooker tornament or saftey in the workplace?!
    Which one are you picking?

Anyone else think the options are really sterotypical, like fashion for the girls and snooker for the boys? :confused:

Oh any did anyone get the still life brief yet?! I Can't get mine til Monday and would love to do a bit of practice before....:eek:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭christmasinjuly

is still life were somebody poses or the imaginary composition?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

its drawing an object(s) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I actually love the fashion week one, I've got a great idea for it (which I have put a lot of thought and research in to and am not sharing :D). But fashion is a really great title IMO, it's the sort of title that be twisted to be almost whatever you want; it doesn't have to be pretty clothes on pretty models. If you have any strong opinions on eating disorders or the use of fur, this would be the one to go for. Safety in the workplace is another good one, if you're into dark stuff you do it like a creepy fire safety ad and have a charred skeleton wearing a hard hat! It's an art exam, they want you be creative, don't just take the titles at face value. You can do anything with them as long as you explain the idea behind it in your preparatory and preliminary sheets. The corrector is going to see tonnes of catwalks, hard hats and snooker tables, you want to do something completely different and show off that you've put a lot of thought into your work.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

I'm doing bookcraft (yayyyyyy glue gun.....glitter!!!) I thought the poster themes were really good and broad this year and the book craft ones were pretty good except for 'the stockmarket' (I'm doing 'dining al fresco')

I think like most of the country is doing the fashion one, there will be lots of similiar posters so if you're doing it go abit wild and creative and think outside of the box.

Oh, out of interest, do many people do bookcraft?

In relation to the still-life, we arent't getting that till after our craft(which will be on next thursday) so not for at least another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

yeah, think ima go with 'safety in the workplace'....seems most original because 90% of my art class is doing the fashion one, so i immediatly ruled that option out!

oohh good luck with your bookcraft :)
    Doing the poster is the only option in my school, appeart puppetry, but theres only one girl doing that....

Oh i got the still life & imaginative composition brief today!
    Didnt look through it properly yet, but theres a piece on fishing, baking, competitions and stuff like that...can't really remember because i just made out a few notes, but it seems really good :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement