Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS

Options
  • 29-04-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Heres what happened i had an 01 nissan almera 3door hatch with 58k i got the car
    nct in october 09 {should of been march 09} it was because my friend told me that you can get 5 penalty points for not having an uptodate nct luckly i got a cancellation that day got the car checked and put new tyres on it as well, it passed with flying colours, so great, then on xmas morning i went to visit my dads grave {rip dad} at 10am it was -6 degrees anyway went to visit my mom and was driving very slowly on the nass road when i was hit by a car from the left handside , that said the car was written off because the garage said it would cost more to fix it than the market value , so i
    took the money from the insurance company , and then went to a body repair shop that have a good reputation for car repairs , the car was fixed
    and my insurance company wanted a engineers report that the car had been repaired correctly so this was done and everything was fine ,

however i wanted to get the car re nct again as it was written off by the insurance company, and it had been in a crash , guess what the nct people said the wont re nct the car till it is due in 2012 which i fined mad surely
    when a car is involved in a crash and a cliam made against an insurance company that the car should be re nct as a mater of safety to the owner and other road users what do you on boards think am i right

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The engineers report will be more thorough and a btter indication of safety than the NCT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

willbur wrote: »
    that said the car was written off because the garage said it would cost more to fix it than the market value , so i
    took the money from the insurance company , and then went to a body repair shop that have a good reputation for car repairs , the car was fixed
    and my insurance company wanted a engineers report that the car had been repaired correctly so this was done and everything was fine ,

however i wanted to get the car re nct again as it was written off by the insurance company, and it had been in a crash , guess what the nct people said the wont re nct the car till it is due in 2012 which i fined mad surely
    when a car is involved in a crash and a cliam made against an insurance company that the car should be re nct as a mater of safety to the owner and other road users what do you on boards think am i right

If a car is written off by an insurance company and they pay out, does the car not then become property of the insurance company? How did you manage to keep the written off car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

As has been posted here many times, the NCT cert is meaningless w.r.t. determining the road-worthiness of a vehicle.

You have the cert, you have the disc, that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Twin-go wrote: »
    If a car is written off by an insurance company and they pay out, does the car not then become property of the insurance company? How did you manage to keep the written off car?

there are plenty of times the insurance company writes the car off and pays out less the best offer of salvage... and you keep the car.

Insurance companies dont want to own cars...

Advertisement