Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route 15B Dublin Bus stopped on Cork south ring road yesterday?

Options
  • 29-04-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

I saw took these two photos with my phone yesterday.

I was out cycling on the greenway and when I noticed a Dublin bus (displaying route 15B) stopped on the hard shoulder of the Cork south ring road heading west. :confused:

There was a white van that had stopped in front of it and the two drivers were talking to each other. They were only there for a few minutes.

Anybody know where it was going or why it was there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

It could be one of the buses sold last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,289 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its minus any ads and looks to be down its DB logos - so its a definite candidate for one sold on. Could be on its way to the ferry terminal to go off to the UK.

More strange is seeing new DB buses on the M4 around Enfield quite a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Transportuser09

I saw took these two photos with my phone yesterday.

I was out cycling on the greenway and when I noticed a Dublin bus (displaying route 15B) stopped on the hard shoulder of the Cork south ring road heading west. :confused:

There was a white van that had stopped in front of it and the two drivers were talking to each other. They were only there for a few minutes.

Anybody know where it was going or why it was there?

Driver evidently took a wrong turn somewhere on the 15B :D I'll get my coat...

Seriously though its probably a sold-on bus as suggested by others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

handy bit of overtime:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Its covered in Graffiti, could be heading for a respray or its being used in filiming or summit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 josephgriffin

That's an Ex Dublin Bus RA or RV but most likely a RV. This could of coming from Ensign bus or southdown PSV. I notice however it still has its center doors. It could be converted to open top for Cork tours.

Advertisement