Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dairy Bulls?

Options
  • 29-04-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

uncle of mine used RXR (PG ai)on 2 heifers..had 2 very small, light calves..recommend any gd Friesan bulls?for ai usage...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

he a monamore bull . used him a few years ago i am using koz as hehas a very good fertility score , ebi and high milk he from pg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

yep..seen that on his breeding through icbf....
    but there very light,small (know there heifer calves)(well marked calves)
    want a gd strong calve...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

small calves = no pulling

SIZ should give a more robust calf
    WLO and VMl and GZL are 3 good british friesians
    we had good bull claves from BEI and DEU at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

bogman.. Progressive Gentic have them bulls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

small calves = no pulling

SIZ should give a more robust calf
    WLO and VMl and GZL are 3 good british friesians
    we had good bull claves from BEI and DEU at home

DEU is throwing absolutley huge calves , IMO , he isnt suitable for putting on anything only british fresian type cows and since hes a low volume bull , it would be pointless to put him on a british fresian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

all PG bulls. may need to ask your technician to get some of them in because he may or may not be carrying them at the moment.
    yes DEU can be hard calved. BEI is the easiest calved of the bunch and still gives a square calf. I would recomend him on strong heifers

Advertisement