Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sage Line 50 - Invoices - Net Calculator Shortcut key?

Options
  • 29-04-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi,

Hoping one of you professional Sage users can help me. Should be a simple question.

I'm entering invoices (customer and supplier) into the Batch Invoices screen. I'm very much a keyboard person, and it's very fast. I have noticed that there is a little calculator that you can pop up by clicking the little calculator icon beside the Net figure entry box. Is there a keyboard shortcut to pop it open?

I already know about the F2 key popping open Windows Calc, and F5 gives me a currency calc, just wondering if there was a way to pop the little calc there in the net field without using the mouse.

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

Hi OP,

F2 brings up the windows calculator. If you tab over to the 'net' field (or any field where you enter a figure), hit 'F4' and it will bring you up a little calculator within that field it also will put the total of your calculation into the 'net' field for you

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭TeRmInAlCrAzY

Perfect - exactly the info I was looking for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

check out help - shortcut keys . This lists all the shortcut Keys in Sage 50

did that :)
    My help lists F4 as "Quick Ref", which I did not associate with the little popup calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

F4 will pop the little button on lots of screens ie invoices etc so its probably the best description but i was more interested in ensuring you new all the other shortcuts

i.e F9 Calculate Net, F6 copy, Shift + F6 Copy and adds on (great on reference numbers)

I am always trying to convince people to use the mouse less to speed up data entry

• Advertisement

Have to agree with you there - I've always been a keyboard monkey :)

Advertisement