Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPAT/GAMSAT?

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I'm sorry this might seem like a very basic question, and I apologise in advance for my ignorance, but what's the difference between HPAT and GAMSAT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

I'm not sure are you asking what is the diferenence between the content of the exams or the difference between what they are used for. So I'll answer the latter because its the only one I can answer.

The HPAT is used for entry to undergraduate medicine. It's used in conjunction with Leaving cert points to determine who gets a place. The GAMSAT is used for entry to Graduate Medicine and is the sole instrument for ranking entrants (except for the fact that you must hold 2:1 Level 8 degree to apply for GradMed in the first place).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The GAMSAT tests knowledge of science subjects as well as having essay questions. The HPAT only tests the way you think, there are no essays and no knowledge of the sciences is needed. It has three sections, a logic section, interpersonal relations section and an abstract thinking section.

Advertisement