Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test in less than 2 weeks...a chance at all??

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi guys

I have my driving test in Tallaght in under two weeks and am at my wit's end.
    I have a brilliant instructor who has done three pretests with me so far, all of which I have failed badly. Last night I got fourteen faults, 3 reds
    :o:(:(

I'm obviously going to be practising my a55 off for the next 2 weeks but I'm basically stressed to the high heavens because I have picked up a fair few bad habits that I am unaware of until the instructor is sitting beside me and points them out.

My fall-downs seem to be gears and progress, and then I make stupid mistakes on things like reaction to hazards, traffic lights etc. Basically my instructor says I am still fairly inexperienced - I'm on the road now driving to/from work every day since February.

My main concern for the next 2 weeks is rectifying all my mistakes - instructor will be away for the next week so I'm going to have to get a new one temporarily, which is a stress in itself. Other problem is that I will be out practising, for the most part, on my own...all fam/friends are at home in Galway and the one qualified driver friend I have is only available to come out with me at the weekend!

Anyway, rambling aside, I'm just wondering if it's actually possible in theory AND in practice for me to pass with such limited time to practice and rectify all my mistakes? And anyone have any pearls of wisdom that might put me in with a chance at this late stage??

All your tips and advice is hugely appreciated!!!

Comments

Advertisement