Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laytown For holidays

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Hey Dudes!

I'm looking to holiday in ireland this year, Perhaps Laytown.
    But i'm getting some ridiculous Prices from some websites,
    Here's the itinery, Saturday 21st or sunday 22 August
    For 1 week for 3 adults and 4 children(aged between 10 and 7)

Preferably i'd like to rent a self catering house along/very near the beach
    for a week.

Some of the quotes i was getting were totally ridiculous, i would have better off booking a nearby hotel. Now i dont know the area very well, so all info will be greatfully appreciated!

Thanks for your time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Where are you coming from mate? You know about the weather right ?

I'd say look more towards Bettystown about 1 or 2km's if that up the road. Has a fairly new amusement park for the kids and is over all a better spot than laytown. Mind you if you get a better rate in Laytown all that is only a short hop away. If you don't know the place they are both tiny villages really but again Bettystown having more on offer.

Drogheda is the nearest big town and is accessible by bus train and taxi and is only 5 or 6km's away and that also has a water park and is a sister park to the one in Bettystown. Shopping is decent enough and it has all the bigger name shops and some decent stuff to see. You could get a bus from there out to newgrange if you wanted to see that.

Edit: If you had a car then all the better really, as getting around would be easier.

Edit Edit: Is the farm still going out at newgrange??? Young kids would love that !!!! Even big ones like me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

+1 on bettystown rather thanlaytown theres nothing in laytown.

there is apartments in bettystown that rent out in the summer right in the centre of the village.

l'l take down the number tomorrow and post it up here after work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I just remembered Bettystown has a decent size tesco too, which is perfect for the self cater option.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

robbie1977 wrote: »
    +1 on bettystown rather thanlaytown theres nothing in laytown.

there is apartments in bettystown that rent out in the summer right in the centre of the village.

l'l take down the number tomorrow and post it up here after work.

Yeah that sounds good rob!
    Did you find that number for me yet?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

sorry forgot all about it l will get it tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭cbreeze

There are some rental properties at the link below:

http://www.daft.ie/meath/houses_to_rent/laytown/

The owners are probably looking for long term rental, but its worth a try in this day and age - places in this area are cheap to buy - well cheaper than they were - they've still a bit to go SOUTH YET

Advertisement