Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Martial Arts classes in my area!

Options
  • 29-04-2010 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

heya i was just wondering if anybody knew of martial arts classes in my area, old bawn/firhouse/knocklyon?

i have no backgroung in anything just think its time to try get fit... i have been looking around and quite like the sound of ninjitsu or could anyone recommend something more suited to a beginner and where they are located?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

Hi Missfee

we have Adult Silat classes in Firhouse Community Center every Mondays and Wednesday at 7.30pm. You can do a Intro course a get a feel for what we do, before making any big commitment. You be more than welcome, if you like more details feel free to ask, or send PM.

Best of luck with your search

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bujinkan

Hi, all the Bujinkan clubs that teach Ninjutsu are listed on www.bujinkan.ie Let me know if you need any help or have any questions about any of the clubs listed on the site!

Marcus
    www.dwyerdojo.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

There's currently boxing on tuesdays in St Colmcilles in Knocklyon, 7-8 and 8-9 (beginners). Just started it this week and really enjoyed the first session; small friendly group and more fitness focussed than competitive, very solid workout. The same lad also does a kettlebells class on Mondays which is also great workout and good fun, though not martial arts. I've also seen posters for kickboxing and kendo in St Colmcilles, tuesday and wednesday AFAIK but best ring them up or drop down to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Dublin Kendo now have a dojo on the south side of the City in knocklyon. Check out http://www.dublinkendo.com/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Bridgestone Thai boxing club just started ladies classes, pretty good reviews so far...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055913608

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

There is a kenpo club there http://www.iskkfirhouse.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=56

Link says when they train.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mattlemon

We train on Tuesday and Thursday evenings in the Community centre (opposite the Scout Hall) on Tuesday and in the Scout Hall on Thursday. A great class and some 1st rate instructors especially chief instructor John Reddin.

The classes are really good and the people are a great bunch, really supportive. I'd recommend the school anytime.

Matt.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Damo W

MissFee wrote: »
    heya i was just wondering if anybody knew of martial arts classes in my area, old bawn/firhouse/knocklyon?

i have no backgroung in anything just think its time to try get fit... i have been looking around and quite like the sound of ninjitsu or could anyone recommend something more suited to a beginner and where they are located?

Hi MissFee,

Check out these guys Koryu Uchinadi Dublin, they operate out of the Knocklyon area.

Cheers

Advertisement