Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brew It Yourself, Homebrew Expo 2010

Options
  • 29-04-2010 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

In the Franciscan Well Cork on Saturday 29 th May 2010, should be a good one if last year was anything to go by.

So if your interested in home brewing or just like good Irish craft beer why not pop along an the will also be home brewing demonstrating on the day too

An entry is free

biyflyer2010lg.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

should that not be May?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Yep, changed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

And the 29th, not the 10th?

Sorry my bad

Quick update on this if anyone's thinking about coming along: The Homebrew Company will be selling gear at it, so if you're seriously considering taking up brewing as a hobby they should be able to send you away with all the gear you need to get started.

• Advertisement

Last cheeky bump for this I promise.

If you're in Cork and like beer, particularly free beer, come and see us at the Franciscan Well tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Really pissed off at missing this. I'm never in Cork at weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Is this an annual thing and will there be one in 2011?

Dunno yet. There are other brewing demos around the country now and again: the North Clare Beer Appreciation Society runs them, as does the Homebrew Company in Mountmellick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Your friendly neighborhood homebrewer is also often open to demonstrating a brew. Just find someone near you and see if they are open to you coming around on brewday to help out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Yeh cool, I'll definatly look into that when I deicide to move off the beer kits!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

martyn1989 if you post your location you'll probably get an offer or notice..brewers are a pretty friendly lot....( for strangers off the www ):D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Is there anyone around Waterford or Dublin city centre/Tallaght that would be up for giving me a show around?

It's definitely something I'd be interested in doing properly.

Plans to run this again have been hatched: same venue, first half of May is looking most likely at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Mashtun

good stuff. be interesting to meet up with a few homebrewers to see what people are up to out there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just posting so I can keep an eye on this thread, would be interested in heading along if it goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

I might possibly be interested in exhibiting if this happens..?

Cool! Let the guys know here.

Date confirmed: this will be happening on Saturday 25 June 2011, 2pm to 6pm at the Franciscan Well, Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Nice one, I'll add that to my calendar and hope I'll be around to pop my head in :)

Advertisement