Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone repair help

Options
  • 29-04-2010 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

hi and hello to every1.

im tryn to repair a waterdamaged iphone, would really appreciate any help.

now ive managed to open the iphone, ive seen the red water damage markers.

but id like to know how to fix this,

is it only a matter of replacing the sensors ??

ive seen all the vids on youtube where people are scamming apple by changing the pink markers to white. IVE NO INTEREST IN DOING THIS.

i want to repair it. so again any help, advice or links to sites i may have missed would be great.

thanks phil.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

well you are not being very specific, you can dry out the board, and replace lcd and screen if you want.

post pics or give us more details

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

What exactly is wrong with it, your probably better off selling the parts still functioning on ebay or buying a broken one with the parts you need. Broken 3g and 3gs phones are still getting decent money on ebay/etc
    The thing I find with waterdamage is unless you get the battery out/powered off at least and the phone dried(Hoover is better than hair dryer as it sucks the water out/off)immediatly then their is little hope as the circuit board starts to slowly corrode:( sometimes contact spray or alcohol can clean up a mildly corroded/damaged board

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Don't turn it on. Leave in a bag of rice for a couple of weeks. www.ifixit.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Phil dublin

kjl wrote: »
    well you are not being very specific, you can dry out the board, and replace lcd and screen if you want.

post pics or give us more details

ill do this later, thanks. :)

What exactly is wrong with it, your probably better off selling the parts still functioning on ebay or buying a broken one with the parts you need. Broken 3g and 3gs phones are still getting decent money on ebay/etc
    The thing I find with waterdamage is unless you get the battery out/powered off at least and the phone dried(Hoover is better than hair dryer as it sucks the water out/off)immediatly then their is little hope as the circuit board starts to slowly corrode:( sometimes contact spray or alcohol can clean up a mildly corroded/damaged board

im guessing that i need to replae the motherboard, and sensors.

i havent opened it all the way down to the battary yet. .

ill get more info and some pics and post in a bit, thanks for the replys

• Advertisement

jeepers101 wrote: »
    Don't turn it on. Leave in a bag of rice for a couple of weeks. www.ifixit.com

lol, ive seen this all over the net. i have it in rice since yesterday.
    will power it up later to see if it works.

but im guessing this is only a quick fix that will let me down a few weeks down the road.

lol, ive seen this all over the net. i have it in rice since yesterday.
    will power it up later to see if it works.

but im guessing this is only a quick fix that will let me down a few weeks down the road.

well this worked, took it outa th rice and th screen came up,
    now its hanging on th apple logo.

Advertisement