Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical Flute teacher?

Options
  • 29-04-2010 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hello!
    I am looking for the above rare person, who would be able to teach my nine years' old beginner daughter. I have looked at the Schools of Music, but I do not know the teachers within them. Any recommendations?
    Also, is there a place where a flute could be hired for the first while, until we know she will continue?
    Thanks in advance for any answers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Have you tried Maoin Cheoil na Gaillimhe?

It's Galways first proper school of music; will be operating out of St Marys college: you'll find their website via google; lots of great teachers recruited and the option of group lessons too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

Yes, I have checked their website and will ring today. Their one-to-one classes though are more expensive than what I pay for Piano, so that put me off a little...
    Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

There is also another Music School in Athenry that offers flute lessons.
    Mods, am I allowed to post the link to the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, once someone has asked for a service it is ok to offer suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thanks biko.
    Athenry Music School

www.athenrymusicschool.com

Well worth getting in touch with them as they also offer flute lessons, and if the times/location of the school dont suit, they can recommend someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

Thanks boardies for the quick answers, I'll be checking these out...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I think they used to offer a service where you could rent an instrument in GTI if you did lessons there. Any reviews I've heard of music lessons offered there were very good.They definitely once did good flute lessons as I know someone who studied flute for her leaving cert there. That was around 7 years ago though

Advertisement