Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty iphone

Options
  • 28-04-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I bought a brand new i-phone last Sunday and straight away there was a problem with it - people couldnt hear me but I could hear the other person talking.

I contacted the o2 shop where I bought it & the reponse was to get in touch with Apple. Having spoken to Apple its now a game of twoing and froing between o2, Apple and me stuck in the middle with a faulty new i-phone thats unuseable, a phone where I cant speak to people, the real use of a mobile phone!

Has anyone actually gone through the formal consumer complaint procedure/small claims court to resolve such a dispute with o2/Vodafone/Apple over a faulty phone? I wont be accepting a faulty phone and will request a replacement and if either dont accept, will be taking it further. I bought a new phone and its a new phone I want not a repaired one.

Can anyone relate to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Whenever you buy goods, you make a contract with the shop or seller who sold them to you. The seller agrees to provide certain goods to you for a certain price, and those goods should be:
    • Of "merchantable quality" – this means that they must be of an acceptable standard
    • Fit for the purpose they were bought for
    • As described. In other words, false or exaggerated claims must not be made by the seller
    If the goods fail to comply with any of these criteria - for example, if they turn out to be faulty - you have certain clear rights under consumer legislation. These entitlements are known as the three R's:
    • Repair
    • Replacement
    • Refund
    Your consumer rights are against the seller of the goods in all cases, but you may also have extra protection if you received a guarantee or warranty from the manufacturer.

Link to above Information

Your contact is with the O2 store, they must remedy it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 djgalley

Thanks Redshift.

I have looked up my rights as a consumer and understand all of it.

Im wondering has anyone actually had to lodge official complaints through the formal procedure as in...

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Get_Your_Rights/Make_a_Complaint/

And gotten anywhere with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Bring it back to the shop where you bought it and demand a replacement. You are entitled to it.

My first iPhone had a dead pixel within 12hrs of buying it. I brought it straight back to the shop and they said that they could only offer a repair. After much argument they replaced the phone. For the minute your gripe is with O2, not Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

your gripe is with o2 within the first 14-28 days then apple after that.

so o2 is your first stop.

Advertisement