Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving in D15 - Suggestions ?

Options
  • 28-04-2010 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hello All,
    We are planning to move in D15 with our two little daughters. Have been looking around on the web for some info abt some peaceful neighbourhoods . Saw loads of adverts on daft and not sure which neighbourhood will be better , so wanted to get some opinion of people living in that area.
    Absolutely any suggestions will help.
    Thank you very much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Clonsilla or Castleknock :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LadyBird2009

Thanks a mill Adrienne_x .

Now more specific question :-D , will anyone suggest any complex ? We will prefer a gated complex and 3 BR apt/townhouse.

How is Grove Court ?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

The Coolmine area looks pretty quiet.

THanks nachoman. But i have heard several break-ins around that area.
    Does anyone know a lill complex called Rosehaven next to Coolmine station ? How is it ?
    Also Grove Court ? anyone ?
    Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

Rosehaven is nice and on that side of the tracks you are pretty much in carpenterstown which is a nice area :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OP, there are break-ins in just about every area in dublin, even the most exclusive and desireable ones, so I wouldn't be inclined to use that a way of ruling out an area.

Thanks 00sully.
    Gaspode , fair enough. but you know how negative word of mouth travels faster and wider ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

Hi was in a rush when I wrote that - in Rosehaven you are very pretty central to everything - particularly transport options - bus/train.

also, you are close to castleknock and associated shops/bars/restaurants and carpenterstown shops and restaurants. The area is nice n' green with trees n' very small open parklands :) schools within walking distance and very near access to phoenix park!

but, the train track level crossing is almost always down and traffic can be quite busy at business hours - morning and evening! but I think there are 2 entrances to rosehaven tho not quite sure.

good luck :)

00sully sounds ideal . but unfortunately rosehaven may not go ahead , damn those property agents ! :(
    so now exploring castlewood and luttrels town. thanks a mill for your inputs though. I am still on look out for another apt in Rosehaven if that happens.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

What about Rathborne? Seems to be quiet enough, right on the train line & has the 120 bus, plus several more buses at the Navan Road. Close to schools & shops, though you'd have to get the bus up for Blanch centre.
    There's a Giraffes centre there too.

• Advertisement

Spot on gaspode ! That was my first choice ..... exactly for the points you mentioned . Then guess what , found that the Giraffe is completely booked up till summer 2011 :-)

Does anyone have any idea about a creche called Magic Years almost opposite Coolmine station ?

Some more House/Creche hunting to do this week ..... life is on a roll !!

Is there a shorter way to go to Coolmine Station from Station Court park/windmill apt complex than to go all the way to Clonsilla Road and turn right to Coolmine road ?? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Is there a shorter way to go to Coolmine Station from Station Court park/windmill apt complex than to go all the way to Clonsilla Road and turn right to Coolmine road ?? Thanks.
    There is a small road at the southern end of Station Court Park that you can use to walk to the station.

I guess that this route is popular because there are "No Parking" notices at that end of Station Court estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

You should also consider around riverwood or ferneigh/annfield. They're not gated but really, really nice estates with great amenities (playgrounds, open spaces) and houses. Very close coolmine station too and the houses are lovely. Also, with riverwood, you have no management fees, which is something to consider.

daymobrew wrote: »
    There is a small road at the southern end of Station Court Park that you can use to walk to the station.

I guess that this route is popular because there are "No Parking" notices at that end of Station Court estate.

Thanks a mill for teh map daymobrew. really helpfull.

mojesius , not many properties riverwood/ferleigh/annfield when i was looking. let me check tonight again. thanks.

How is Aspen Lawn/Sorrel Dale/sorrel Heath blocks in terms of safety etc ? Seens quite a few nice houses there ?

Advertisement