Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pay VRT twice on the same vehicle??

Options
  • 28-04-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just bought a 1984 VW t25 pop-top camper from the North. It was originally from the North and was brought down and registered on Roscommon plates. Then it was taken back to the North again and registered up there again.
    If I bring it back to the south again, will I have to pay the VRT, even though some previous owner paid VRT on it years ago? I know the old Roscommon reg number.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

AFAIK VRT is payable only once

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You just need the original Irish plates on it and inform Revenue you'r back in order to tax it and get a VLC. You'll require proof that this exact vehicle was previously registered.

Advertisement