Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche - eBay Service Issue

Options
  • 28-04-2010 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I want to write about my experience with a Porsche Breakers in England

I bought an exhaust from this crowd of Ebay and to begin with they charged me double for postage, then after a bit of messing about they said the exhaust was beyond repair and they said they would give me a refund! I waited 2 weeks for a refund and ended up having to open a buyer complaint with Ebay to get the money back
    I gave this transaction negative feedback because, the item was not as described, and I never received it... The seller then decided he did not want to have negative feedback so after an abundance of messages he agreed to supply me with another "dented" exhaust, but I wasnt going to pay the full whack for the dented exhaust so I said no thanks

Then the seller told me he would have more cars coming in and would keep a exhaust for me, after about 2 weeks of no contact out of the blue I get the following message

I HAVE ANOTHER EXHAUST BUT HAVE DECIDED NOT TO SELL IT TO YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE A MOANING TURD

I told him to get over it and stop wasting use of the internet and that Im sure he wouldn't speak to me like that if I was there in front of him

His reply:

bet i would ya irish potatoe peasant

So then I asked him does he dad know he's using the computer

His reply

i have grown use to your bad feedback just like you will have grown use to fighting each other over religion you dumb shyate

I told him Im not listening to his nonsense anymore and that I contact ebay to have him blocked

ahhh a minute ago i would not have said anything in front of ya now your running off too ebay flush terrah chukie r lar

I just thought I would post this as it is not a way to run a business, and definitely not anyway to talk to a customer, someone who paid up all the money and sat waiting for a product which in the end I was told they never had!!

Ebay User : <snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Thats shocking behaviour, although things can often turn sour with eBay. But there's no reason to become offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can probably bring the conversation to the attention of the admins over there somehow. Not sure how, never had to *touches wood*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ricey1

It is out of order, especially because the person that wrote this was the manager and only got involved after I left negative feedback. So for the manager to be talking like that questions how professional the whole operation actually is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Keep us informed on how your eBay complaint goes. Hopefully they will treat that sellers disgraceful racist behaviour appropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

Potato peasant eh?

I'm gonna create an account and bid on lots of stuff... and then maybe forget to pay...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Hi Ricey,

I've edited out the eBay seller name. I don't have the ability to verify your story, and odds are the seller will never become aware of this thread and have the opportunity to stand up for themselves.

As such it's better if they're not named.

Thanks,

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I would sign up to as many porsche UK owner sites and let them know who not to do business with...

Unreal behaviour from a professional....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

In my experience, eBay don't give two hoots about this kind of behaviour. You can report it all you want and they'll tell you its nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

-Chris- wrote: »
    I've edited out the eBay seller name. I don't have the ability to verify your story, and odds are the seller will never become aware of this thread and have the opportunity to stand up for themselves.

This thread is listed 3rd in Google for the keyword "porsche - <snip>", they'll see it!!!

Thanks DonJose, thread title edited too.

If they have Google Alerts set up they've probably found the thread already, but I'm not allowing name-and-shame here so the garage will not be named on-thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

-Chris- wrote: »
    I'm not allowing name-and-shame here so the garage will not be named on-thread.

While its true they likely arent around to defend themselves and thats unfortunate, it greatly undermines the benefit of forums when people cannot report negative experiences. He isnt reporting facts, merely his experience. We can make our own mind up if we believe him or not.

This type of response only serves to protect and encourage poor sellers (ebay, garages, online shops etc), it does nothing at all for the community. If you delete his seller name, then you realistically should be deleting the online Marketplace name too, as they have been dragged into the mud for no apparent reason at all.

I respect its your prerogative on the Motors board specifically, but I was under the impression from the powers that be on Boards in general the "will not be named" legal case here recently set a very positive precedent for Irish forums, the forum body itself cannot be held responsible for the opinions of its posters. The complete newb on this forum ("Ricey1") puts his own head in the noose, not the communities (or Boards etc).

I don't want to get this dragged off-topic (which is the reasoning, I presume, for the "don't question the mod decision on-thread" rule), but I'll just sum up what I see out of respect for your opinion/concerns Matt.

We have a poster with three posts who writes a very negative review of a named eBay seller to the extent where they incite others to (suggest that they will) set up a fake eBay account with the intention of getting "revenge" on the eBay seller.
    We have no way of telling if the OP is a victim of poor customer service or a competitor to the named eBay seller.

The eBay seller isn't aware of the thread (that we know of), and can't stand up for themselves. Even if they do/can, is it possible that we'll just get dragged into a public "he said, she said" that can never be resolved? Do we really want that in our midst?
    There's also the chance that the eBay seller will contact boards.ie claiming defamation (it happens more than you'd think) and then I'm in the middle of a rake of PMs about who said what and did we do enough to stop it.

I can ask the OP to show us emails to prove what happened and what was said, but these are pretty easy to fake and would drag us further down the rabbit hole.

IMHO, this is an eBay issue, and eBay have their own systems for reporting abuse and leaving negative feedback for unscrupulous sellers. This is the system that should be used to resolve this issue. Bad-mouthing people on public fora isn't the best response.
    If the OP decides to continue with the bad-mouthing route, there are plenty of other fora out there who will allow him to vent his spleen, this isn't the only option.

Therefore I feel it's just easier to allow the rant, and the resultant discussion, without naming the particular eBay seller in question. I believe all my fellow mods would act in a similar fashion.
    All the comments above are intended without prejudice and as no reflection on the OP or the eBay seller, this is just a way of dealing with the situation expeditiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

While i do like to see a good rant, in this case its probably best if the OP follows up with ebay and tries to sort it through their processes.

I wonder would the OP's tale have gotten a more positive response if the OP was a regular motors poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

What kind of Porsche do you have?

S.

Thank you all for the support
    This is genuine, I also posted this on a Porsche forum in the "name and shame section"..
    The reason I posted it here is because I wanted to see Irish people's reactions to it and also for other car owners to know the ordeal I went through with this seller and so that people here will think twice about buying from this company ... the response from the Porsche forum is that other people had similar issues in the UK and that I should report this user to Ebay which I have done
    Ebay responded to me tonight to say that they are working on this issue and the outcome may result in the seller being suspended from Ebay, they also advised that I contact the sellers ISP and report them, but I do not see how this would help as all contact was made through Ebay messages and not through email
    With regard to taking down the sellers name, I think that the whole point in having a forum is to expose people like this to other potential buyers and to advise these sellers that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated by the public
    I understand it is not fair to talk about someone without them being able to respond, and this is why I should send a mail to all the managers in that Breakers yard with the messages sent by that 1 manager to see exactly what they all have to say about his conduct and to see if thats how they run their business
    If proof is needed then I can send screen shots of my ebay inbox and messages

I am new to this forum but I have been posting in Porsche and BMW forums for years
    Its a Boxster

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Buster_Gonnads

Name the firm, and mod if you are so concerned for their lack of ability to defend theirselves. send them an email and invite them to the forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

don't bother naming the firm....they are well known as charging like wounded bulls and being rude. I do not for one minute believe the poster is exagerating......whats the capital of the isle of man and whats wales famous for? do a trawl on PH and they have been slated there but I appreciate the mod's concern re legals of actually naming the said firm.

BigEejit wrote: »
    I wonder would the OP's tale have gotten a more positive response if the OP was a regular motors poster?

The OP's tale would possibly have received a different response from me if they were an established poster, because I'd be able to look at previous posts and I'd know their track-record for slating/shilling/trolling/praising etc.
    I can't do that in this case and therefore have chosen to err on the side of caution.

Ricey1 wrote: »
    Thank you all for the support
    This is genuine, I also posted this on a Porsche forum in the "name and shame section"..

That'll probably meet a more targeted audience than here and is a good move.

The reason I posted it here is because I wanted to see Irish people's reactions to it and also for other car owners to know the ordeal I went through with this seller and so that people here will think twice about buying from this company ...

Posting for people's reactions & advice = fine.
    Warning people away from a company = grey area.

With regard to taking down the sellers name, I think that the whole point in having a forum is to expose people like this to other potential buyers and to advise these sellers that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated by the public

I think the whole point in having a forum is to have some banter and discuss things with like minded people, to help people where your experience is of value to them, and to get help & feedback when you need someone else's opinion.

Naming and shaming would be pretty far down the list IMHO.

Name the firm, and mod if you are so concerned for their lack of ability to defend theirselves. send them an email and invite them to the forum!

I have no interest in having this catfight play out in our forum.

If anyone is thinking of buying Porsche parts off eBay and comes across this thread, feel free to PM the OP for the eBay seller's name.

If anyone has an issue with the decision I've made in this thread, the proper course of action is to PM the CMod (kbannon) for a second opinion.
    The discussion of whether the eBay seller will be named is over, further discussion of the topic will result in the thread being locked and worse.
    Please get back on topic with reaction or advice for the OP, or don't post in the thread.

Advertisement