Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost gone mad wondering........

Options
  • 28-04-2010 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi...
    I'm just wondering if there is anybody out there who may have any clues for me...:confused:
    I'm prenant with my 4th pregnancy. I already have 2 boys and 1 girl. All normal pregnancies. Dates always spot on etc, no problems.
    This time however, something strange is going on. I had a Mirena coil removed on 5th Nov '09. Had a bleed (can't remember if it was a period or just bleed) on 6th Dec. Then on 5th Jan a very heavy short bleed, didn't know what was going on, thought it was a period but nothing. We had decided to have another baby but never thought for a second it would be so quick and thought my body would take time to get back to normal after coil. But... did a pregnancy test as was suspicious after last bleed, it turned out positive so quick and went to doc to check and she said very definately pregnant although only 4 wks. Previous 3 never showed up so quickly. Anyway, at 12 wks had check up with doc and she said I was measuring bigger for dates. Felt movement a few days after, very definate movement. I told this to doc on next appointment at 16 wks, at this stage feeling stong kicks. She again said I measuring about 4 wks bigger than dates. I mentioned my mother is a twin and lots of twins on my husbands side. She checked with the Doppler and found heartbeat in two different spots but still didn't say anything definate to me but to ring her after scan if it turned out to be twins :(. She said it could be twins. I feel I'm way bigger than I was for any other preg and also so so tired its not funny (never more than a little before with others so thats weird). So.... basically to sum up, measuring bigger for dates, doc thinking she's heard 2 heartbeats, extreme tiredness, more weight gain than normal this time, (heavy bleed at beginning which she says could be implantation - never had before) etc etc - I am going mad thinking I'm having twins. Scan not for another 10 days. Can anybody who has had similar experience please please shed some light - could it be twins or could I be 4 wks further along? Help please.....

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I measured big for dates early on and the doc thought that it might be twins,I got so excited hoping that it was but at my dating scan they said they were pretty sure it was not.I was so disappointed but I got one perfect baby so that was great:)
    Don't get too excited or worried yet either way you will have a lovely new addition to the family or 2;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cella08

Hi there....thanks for reply
    I know what you're saying, my hubby drivin me mad, he's been convinced from the off there's 2 in there. Its just this weird feeling I have and all the symptoms different this time around that has me wondering. For weeks I've not took any notice but for the past week I've been starting to believe there may be two - really strong movement going on and waking me up at night with kicks in all directions, I never felt anything like this before with previous pregnancies (never felt movement until between 18-20 wks. I don't want to be disappointed either so have been trying to put it out of my mind. I know, 1 or 2 babs, due in Sept or Aug doesn't really matter as long as everything is ok, I'm perfectly happy with 1 but 2 would be fantastic.
    Any moms of twins have any of these symptoms/signs early on?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

I'm a twin and I was really worried that I might be having twins on this pg (but there's just one in there!). I asked my mam how different was the twin pg to her other one and she said it was the movement - that it was off the scale! So it's possible that it could be twins.

Just wondering what dates your doc is going by though?? I am 19 weeks now, due on the 19th Sept, and my last period was 13th December. As you say as your Mirena was just removed you really have no idea when you ovulated and conceivd, so it's also that the baby could be more than your doc thinks. As you haven't had a scan yet she is really only going by your dates which aren't very reliable.

Sorry, I haven't really given you any good answers, but good luck in your scan and make sure you let us know how many there is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

The more pregnancies you have, the more lax the abdominal muscles become, this could mean that the baby has more room to move. Also, you know what you're feeling for now on your 4th child so you may have just noticed movement sooner.

The fact that you're measuring bigger than your dates is a bit suspicious alright, so you could well be carrying twins! Are you feeling any sicker than your previous pregnancies? Twin pregnancies usually suffer more severe morning sickness due to the increased levels of hormones from carrying 2 babies.

10 days will fly by. You'll know either way soon enough :) Be sure to let us know too!

Advertisement