Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Want to sell my BMW for parts....

Options
  • 28-04-2010 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

I have a BMW 318is coupe 1995 E36 model. It's got through the NCT but one small thing after another keeps going wrong. There's a sensor gone in it now and it's not running and it'll be another €300 on top of the €1500 i spent to get it through the NCT. i just can't afford to keep fixing it and i'm only throwing money down the drain buying expensive new parts for an olde dying car.
    The thing is most of the car works well so i'm thinking of selling it for scrap. There's lovely 17" M3 alloys on it, good engine, new exhaust etc.
    would it be more economically sensible to sell it for parts rather than pump money into it and hope to hell someone buys the car, which i have been told will be very hard given it's expensive to insure

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

they're VERY cheap to insure?!

and just break it for parts..they're not worth much to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Unless you've got an M3 bodykit and at the very least a sports interior, it probably wouldn't be worth your while to break it.

Engines seem to be relatively easy to get a hold of and would only net you a few hundred quid if you could shift it, same with gearboxes.

They're not an expensive car to insure, once you're not 17 years old!

It may be less hassle to just sell it as a non-runner - if you do decide to break it, gimme a shout - I need a few bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stick it on adverts with a few pics and let people buy parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

could the part not be bought cheap from a breakers. would be a pity for it to go to parts for the need of 300 quid or less in the breakers

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

if it has the automatic climate control, seat heaters or headlight washers drop me a PM if your breaking it

• Advertisement
Advertisement