Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tricked

Options
  • 28-04-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I will try keep this as short as possible. I recently had to move away for work and have been doing a lot of travelling between home and the the where the office is (about a 4 hour flight). I am away 5 days a week and come home to my wife at weekends.

Years before I used to smoke and my wife hated it. I eventually kicked the habit. Now, while I was away I stupidly had a cigarette at one of the meeting in work because everyone else was smoking. Since then I have been hooked and have been smoking non stop.

After my first weekend away I came home and my wife had planned a little treat for me to welcome me back home. She was waiting for me in lingerie at the door when I got home. The only problem was I knew I smelled of smoke and didn't want her to smell me because I knew she would flip out. I tried to keep a bit of distance between us, and when she wasn't looking I tried to cover the smell with the first thing I saw which was a can of oven cleaner. Needles to say it didn't work and she smelt it off of me and flipped out. We ended up having a big fight and went going to have sex because of it. (I should point out that we are trying for a baby and my wife was ovulating). After a long fight and me saying that I didn't want to sleep with her (she wanted to do it anyway because she was ovulating), she apologised to me and said she was sorry for making such a big deal out of it etc.

Long story short we ended up having sex and as soon as I was done she went back to arguing with me over the smoking. She said she had only said sh forgave me because she wanted to have sex with me.

Am I right to feel used ? We were also late to our friends birthday dinner because of the whole ordeal and now she is angry at both of us.

I feel like I was taken advantage of and my wife acted like a manipulative shrew.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Plot Summary for
    "Friends" The One with Phoebe's Birthday Dinner (2002)

Phoebe plans her birthday dinner, but only the ever hungry Joey is on time. Phoebe holds a table for six for over an hour while the waiters want them to move as party of six is waiting. Chandler was unable to resist smoking again when everybody else did during a meeting at his Tulsa job, which makes Monica furious. However she's determined to have sex on the last ovulation day in her monthly cycle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement