Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-existing Condition -Wisdom teeth extraction

Options
  • 28-04-2010 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Can people please shed some light on whether two lhorizontally impacted lower wisdom teeth (3rd Molars) are pre-existing, I have had health insurance cover for 3 years now.

How can a dentist/oral surgeon figure out how long they have been a problem.

Also I only found out there a problem because i am getting orthodontic treatment.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

As far as I know as long as the dentist hasnt said they need to come out previously and you have not been experiencing pain then its grand, make sure you tell the insurer you werent experiencing pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭rocksteady36

Hi redpunto, its not pain thats an issue, its because they are growing or have grown sideways and caused over crwoding of my teeth.

So it seems like its just the oral surgeon who will be giving an opinion...

Or

whoever gives the opinion, i am wondering what they base the opinion on, no one reply its based on experience please. It seems very subjective.

Basically, i dont want to pay 350 per tooth for extrations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cici888

Hi i was told a couple of days ago that i have 2 impacted bottom wisdom teeth should be extracted. I am with VHI for a year now. Would VHI consider this as a pre existing condition and not cover it? please reply if you have similar experience.

Advertisement