Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy & Enviornmental Engineering

Options
  • 28-04-2010 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi folks.

Just posting because I'm curious about this particular course. I currently have it as my number 1, on my CAO application.

Looks really interesting and given the current bottleneck in the supply of energy resources to the world as a whole, it seems very relevant to the way the power industry is/will be turning.

Ultimately I'm just looking for any feedback about the course, would any of you studying it reccomend it? What level of difficulty is the maths? Also, what career oppurtunities may be available?

Thanks for you help, Paul :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Anyone doing this course? I've also applied to do this and would appreciate any feedback.
    OP, I was at the open day and the lecturer said that the maths part wasn't too hard. He said that they treat people as if they only have a fundamental knowledge of maths so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KiB

Hey,

I'm studying it at the moment, Passed all exams :)

Maths and physics is a big part of it I won't lie to ya but they do teach it alot better than they would have for leaving cert and theres plenty of help in the college if you need it too...

a few of the subjects got tricky second semester and a bit messy but I reckon because we're the first first years its gonna happen that way and after all our complaining ye will all have it a bit handier than we did...

It's an interesting course and if your considering Engineering this would be the best sector to get into definitely....

Oh and theres a chance to go on a student exchange (Erasmus) in third year to either France or Switzerland which should be good :)

What ever ya decide to do though Good Luck :) hope all goes well for ya's!!

Ki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Got accepted on to this course today. Happy days. See you all next semester!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

What are the chances of getting a decent graduate placing out of this course?
    Would you have to go on and do Level 8 or would Level 7 suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Just seen this thread, been on the college site researching all day! I've been thinking about doing this course for awhile now but my maths wouldn't be the strongest and it's put me off. I might try meet with the course co-ordinator have a chat seen as I missed any open days. Would really love to get into this area.

Oh and roughly how much are fees these days? :-/

• Advertisement
Advertisement