Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

non start opel

Options
  • 28-04-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I have a '03 astra van diesel that wont start. Its the one with the isuzu engine. Im gettin a fault code of P0251 injection pump metering control A. theres no diesel gettin to the injectors but i have a seperate supply set up to the injector pump so i know its getting that far. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Is that the pump with the electronics actually on the pump? Silver box at the back of it? AFAIK the electronics were soldered badly from day one. Can be repaired if you open it up and look for the bad soldering.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hiluxman

yeah thats the one. it looks like it has been opened up before. ill try and resolder the joints and see how i get on

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hiluxman

had a go a resoldering those pins in the ecu. i think its sorted. its running and driving and has stayed running for the last 2 hours. sound for that man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

hiluxman wrote: »
    had a go a resoldering those pins in the ecu. i think its sorted. its running and driving and has stayed running for the last 2 hours. sound for that man!
    Thats the shot, no bothers at all glad i could help.

Advertisement