Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for baby's 1st birthday?

Options
  • 28-04-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all,

We're trying to find somewhere for our baby girl's first birthday. We live in an apartment which wouldn't be big enough to accommodate our families. There are not many kids going, just our daughter and her 18 month old and 6 month old cousins. We're wracking our brains to think of somewhere which would have a play area for the kids and possibly a room or space where the adults could sit down and have something to eat and where we can have her birthday cake.

We've been to Imaginosity but I think given there will only 3 kids there would be no point in booking one of the party rooms there. An idea would be if there were any farms out there which also had a room for a kids party? We're not too keen on McDonalds but does anyone know any similar type restaurants which would have a kids play area?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

Now you would need the weather to be good but I would consider having a bbq/picnic in Newbridge Demesne on the way to Donabate. It is a lovely park with picnic area and an open farm which is just fabulous, especially at the moment as there are lots of young animals. It's a fantastic visit for small children (and their parents!) and there's also an adventure playground for any older children.

Other than that I don't think there are very many nice spaces which are suitable for a large group of adults with somewhere for the kids to play. Do any of your families have a house or garden big enough? My mother-in-law hosted my little boy's first bday last year (we were also in an apartment) and it was a barbeque for the adults and a bouncy castle for the many kids in the family although obviously it wasn't much use to my little boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Hey you should check out www.familyfun.ie.

I haven't used it myself but a user on another board was recommending it. Looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

Hey, taking it that you live around Dublin. We discovered this place last weekend with some Boards fellow photographers...

Try the Airfield Farm on the Kilmacud Road. There is a function room and a tea room with an outside area closed so the kids can't run away. You might have to bring your own games for outside...
    Huge farm with animals in Dublin suburbs. It's quite incredible! Great for a walk after a big dinner!
    Worth giving them a call!

Advertisement