Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E240 Merc brake problem

Options
  • 28-04-2010 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi, Guys, I'm having a braking problem with my E240 Merc it's a 2000 automatic petrol, everytime I pull off fast and then brake the brakes shutter and vibrate when stopping, brake pads and discs were checked and they are fine, has anyone any idea what this problem could be, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

quiff001 wrote: »
    Hi, Guys, I'm having a braking problem with my E240 Merc it's a 2000 automatic petrol, everytime I pull off fast and then brake the brakes shutter and vibrate when stopping, brake pads and discs were checked and they are fine, has anyone any idea what this problem could be, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

ABS... issues by the sounds of it..

how long have you had car??
    only happen when you are braking hard????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

@OP,

Does it only happen when you accelerate hard, then hit the brakes?

If so, does it happen when you press the brakes hard or soft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 quiff001

Hi. Guys, this only happens when I brake hard, I have the car about 2 years, thanks.

Advertisement