Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brown thomas

Options
  • 28-04-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

My girlfriend has applied for a job as a concession manager in bt in galway.Does anyone have any idea of the payrates for the job as she is not sure how much she should ask for when they ask the inevitable "how much do you expect" question.any help appeciated

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread moved to Work and Jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

My girlfriend has applied for a job as a concession manager in bt in galway.Does anyone have any idea of the payrates for the job as she is not sure how much she should ask for when they ask the inevitable "how much do you expect" question.any help appeciated

It Depends on which Concession and her experience. My wife worked as a concession manager in BT Limerick for a few years about 5 years ago. I think she was getting 27k - 32k p.a plus a cloths allowance of about €300 per month/season.

I would answer that question by saying something along the lines of whatever the company feel is appropriate, they will pay what they have in mind. Employers market and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

cheers guys ,thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ask about the projected turnover and the amount of staff she will have to co- ordinate. Absolute minimum salary- €24,000, that's based on a turnover of about €17,500 p/w and about 5 staff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

It will also be based on her previous retail experience. The dept. store I work for gives the managers a flat rate compared to the assistants who get a low rate but topped with commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 muselover

For some reason Boards won't let me start a new thread so I'll ask here:
    Anyone know what it's like to work as a temp for Brown Thomas? How are they generally treated, what is the rate of pay, are there any perks, etc?
    I've recently been taken on a temp, starting in a couple of weeks, and I'd appreciate a heads up.

Advertisement