Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Patio Hedge

Options
  • 28-04-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Greetings. I am looking to create some privacy, hedge effect around my ground floor apartment patio....dimensions roughly 8m*3m......I've been looking at getting potted conifers, Boxus, Bay trees, etc. But I cannot decide on what the best thing to do is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Can anybody recommend some decent gardening sites with forums? I've been googling but cannot seem to find a decent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

if you are after somthing with height then you could probably go with some type of conifer to achieve 5-6 ft tall, while still remaining in a pot, getting something like buxus or bays of that size will be costly.

as for forums you could try here...http://www.gardenplansireland.com/forum/

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Langerland wrote: »
    Greetings. I am looking to create some privacy, hedge effect around my ground floor apartment patio....dimensions roughly 8m*3m......I've been looking at getting potted conifers, Boxus, Bay trees, etc. But I cannot decide on what the best thing to do is.

Medium sized Bamboos in planters would provide an easy care but private/effective screen.

Advertisement