Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Period pains; no period (Pill related?)

Options
  • 28-04-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, hope this doesn't fall under seeking medical advice, sorry if it does.

I came off the birth control pill last month after being on it almost constantly for about 3 or 4 years. I got my period as normal a few days after I finished my last packet. I was due my next period about a week ago but it hasn't arrived. However I have been getting period pains for over 2 weeks now. I could get them for 2 days in a row and I'm convinced my period is going to come, but it doesn't. Then they'll stop for a day or two, and then come back again. The pains will last hours and I have now felt like I'm on the first day of my period for about 10 days out of the last 2 weeks! Not enjoyably to say the least.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen while coming off the pill? I know it can mess around with your cycle a bit after you've been on it for a few years but I'm starting to get a little bit anxious!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

A very similar thing happened to my OH recently, but this really is a medical issue and if worried, you should contact your GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

you should speak to your gp

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd suggest a trip to your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I agree that you should probably ask your GP, although I came off the pill a few months earlier (after taking it for yeeeeears) and it sounds normal enough. I didn't have my period for a couple of months, had some pains, etc, but eventually it all came back to normal.

Advertisement