Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well L96 Hop up replacement

Options
  • 28-04-2010 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I recently replaced my stock L96 barrel with a Tanio-Koba twist barrel. This is my first time playing around with any upgrades. When I took off the hop-up chamber I noticed that the bucking had a single arm point up on a base that raised when the hop up was raised, essentially looking like an "L". I popped the lever arm out and could see that the other side had been broken off i.e. it should have looked like a "U" which explained I guess why I had bb's veering off to the side, especially as I increased the hop. I took off the other side to see if I could balance this out and rely solely on the base for hop-up. Unfortunately this is not very effective so I am now looking to either

1) Replace the lever arm (with bucking) and probably the hop-up rubber

or

2) Get a new (better) hop-up chamber and possibly rubber.

Does anyone know where I can source 1) and what rubber would be recommended? From other threads I have read, many recommend a PDI hop-up but from what I can see this needs an AEG barrel and I would rather stick with the TK. I guess 2) would be my preference to try and squeeze the most performance out of it, but if not a PDI hop-up what would you recommend?

Thanks to any who respond.

Comments

Advertisement