Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural History Museum reopening

Options
  • 28-04-2010 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭

A heads that the Natural History Museum is reopening today

Irish Examiner
    The Natural History Museum in Dublin is to reopen its doors to the public today after a three-year closure.

Affectionately known as the 'Dead Zoo', the museum was forced to close in July 2007 after the collapse of a granite staircase in which 11 people were injured.

The newly refurbished premises will include familiar favourites like the skeleton of a 11,000 year old giant elk, Spoticus the giraffe and whale skeletons suspended from the ceiling.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes, at last. I've missed the old place. I don't get to Dublin too often but, when I do, I always give it a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭pinc

Is it difficult to get to by bus/luas from Heuston station (with a young lad)?
    Might head up on Monday.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

I went in today , and they were only letting in media and select poeple .
    they told me to come back another day .......grrrr !!

I think there was a special lunch in there to be honest .

will pop in tomorrow instead !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

pinc wrote: »
    Is it difficult to get to by bus/luas from Heuston station (with a young lad)?
    Might head up on Monday.:D

the 92 will get you close

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Doesn't open on Mondays, let alone a Bank Holiday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Clearpreso

Cant wait to head along to this, it was slightly criminal to allow it to be closed for so long, then again I guess money is hard to come by these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

I think there was a special lunch in there to be honest .

When the lady asked me if I had arrived for the lunch , I replied " no , i've just eaten " lol .....
    I only discovered she was asking if i was there for the "Launch" lol

I was wondering why she looked at me like i had 2 heads :)

Spent an hour in there on friday , not long enough ..... must go back to see the top floor on tuesday

Advertisement