Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Joyrider attacks an electricity pylon with a Hymac in Co Offaly.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

spaced.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Id love to know what they were trying to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Obviously didnt want power to an alarm or camera somewhere. And in a digger SMELL of ATM going missing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Metadrone. CLOSE THE HEADSHOPS

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Zulu wrote: »
    Metadrone. CLOSE THE HEADSHOPS

:pac:

Seems to be the new scape goat!

Sure why don't we blame it on global warming aswell! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

I can think of a lot of cars that I would love to joyride in ;), but come on, a feckin digger?

PL1278201_The_scene_242863s.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

can't say they weren't being unique!

"Sure all my friends are joy riding avenis and civics. Wanted to be different bud..."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

From what ive heard it wasn't your typical joyrider

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

What age was this fella?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

What age was this fella?
    Real age or mental age? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Whats the background to all this? Is this person known around the area as a troublemaker or had he a gripe with the ESB or something? Or was it just a case of teenage scumbags doing what they do?

I was in class many moons ago. The lights buzzed for a few secs, then went on as normal. Found out later that day that a lad working a palfinger clearing up scrap in a nearby travellers camp hit the power lines. I remember it so well. Poor lad died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Davy wrote: »
    From what ive heard it wasn't your typical joyrider

Well..?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Whats the background to all this? Is this person known around the area as a troublemaker or had he a gripe with the ESB or something? Or was it just a case of teenage scumbags doing what they do?

More a gripe with the OPW from what ive heard. How true it is i dont know, but thats what some people are saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Must have been travellers trying to get the copper

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Must have been travellers trying to get the copper

Would you take the chance of getting killed by 200 thousand volts ;) and i dont think there is any copper overhead lines, its all aluminium and steel so defo wouldnt be worth it

Advertisement