Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There'd be no Lost if it wasn't for...

Options
  • 28-04-2010 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭

... The Prisoner, Sapphire & Steel, Twin Peaks.

Well apparently so anyway. I can understand where that is coming from though - The Prisoner for the being stuck on a strange island seemingly for no concrete reason aspect; all three of them for the random trippy, unexplained ****.

Who else loved these weird and wonderful shows?

The Prisoner - from the 60s but repeated in more recent times. Very iconic imagery/dialogue (don't know how the soon to be aired remake will fare). Twin Peaks - I was 12 when it was on TV and I remember the hype so well, but I have only watched it in recent years. Amazing programme - so haunting and intriguing... if scary. Sapphire & Steel - I watched that all right when I was very small in the early/mid 80s. It scared the living crap out of me. The recurrent photo of the guy whose face is missing :eek: (something to do with time travel). Hadn't a notion what was going on - but I imagine I still wouldn't today.

Weirdness is great... :) Anyone remember any other similarly bizarre shows?

:eek:

So pretty and innocent looking - a bit like Laura Palmer herself... :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Prisoner's alright for about 4 episodes and then it's clear that show is going nowhere (literally). "Oh he didn't escape ... again". The show even re-tooled towards the end of the first (and thankfully only) season because (imho) there was nothing more that could be done with it in it's original form.

Twin Peaks had a great first season and was going well until they wrapped up the whole Laura Palmer thing. It was just pointless and boring after that.

Never saw S/S

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Prisoner is one of my all time favourite shows.

Kosho needs to become an olympic sport:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

The prisoner has actually been (badly) remade. All those shows are vastly superior to lost IMO, maybe I'm just old......:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

The Prisoner is one of my all time favourite shows.

Kosho needs to become an olympic sport:

That looks like the most retarded "sport" ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

FearDark wrote: »
    That looks like the most retarded "sport" ever!

Agreed. It's usually people who were never any good at sports who invent and advocate this sort of stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

bonerm wrote: »
    Agreed. It's usually people who were never any good at sports who invent and advocate this sort of stuff.

Pfft... You're probably just no good at Kosho... it's like karate and trampolining!

Advertisement