Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Envirofone

Options
  • 27-04-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Not really a bargain alert as such but feel free to remove it. These fellas are claiming to give fairly good prices for old mobile phones in PWO. Uk site as well, .co.uk at the end instead.

Haven't used them although considering it, thought I'd share. Anyone tried them?

http://www.envirofone.ie/

Comments

You're right it's not a Bargain Alert so why you posted it in the BA forum when you knew that is anybody's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Well, it's a way of getting easy cash for zero effort. Bah mods can call it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I havnt used Envirofone, but I have used the similar moneyforurmobile.ie

I thought they were great. Just make an account then print out the two slips. Pop one on the outside and the other on the inside of the envelope. Got €140 for my Nokia N95 8gb about a week later straight into my bank account. I was happy out. So would recommend.

Just my 2cents

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

You're right it's not a Bargain Alert so why you posted it in the BA forum when you knew that is anybody's guess.

I see why the op decided to place this here.
    Let's say I have a mobile gotten via an upgrade but my old iPhone is lying in a drawer,
    these guys will (possibly and potentially) give me over a hundred euro or more for something I had, that was surplus to requirement.

Mrs Gucky and myself go out for a meal/night in hotel/weekly shopping/etc etc etc, bill comes to 100 odd euro.......

Do you see where I'm going with this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

seen this site http://www.cash4fones.ie posted on another forum.
    seems to offer slightly better value than envirofone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Gucky wrote: »
    I see why the op decided to place this here.
    Let's say I have a mobile gotten via an upgrade but my old iPhone is lying in a drawer,
    these guys will (possibly and potentially) give me over a hundred euro or more for something I had, that was surplus to requirement.

Mrs Gucky and myself go out for a meal/night in hotel/weekly shopping/etc etc etc, bill comes to 100 odd euro.......

Do you see where I'm going with this?

It was sites like these that prompted me to sell my phone, a phone that was destined to sit at the back of the second drawer in the kitchen, for 'emergencies'...

It is almost a bargain alert... It certainly gave me a €75 discount off my new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Everytime I see ads for 'cash-for-old-phone' ads on the telly, I say the same thing (now I could be wrong in this statement) - "you'd make more selling it on Ebay / Adverts.ie!".

basquille wrote: »
    Everytime I see ads for 'cash-for-old-phone' ads on the telly, I say the same thing (now I could be wrong in this statement) - "you'd make more selling it on Ebay / Adverts.ie!".

I tried that first, mobile phones seem to attract muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JustinOval wrote: »
    I tried that first, mobile phones seem to attract muppets.
    Maybe you should stop selling exclusively in Fraggle Rock so...

.. oh, I'm done. Night everybody. Tip your waitress on the way out!

** leaves and closes door **

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

sdonn wrote: »
    Not really a bargain alert as such but feel free to remove it. These fellas are claiming to give fairly good prices for old mobile phones in PWO. Uk site as well, .co.uk at the end instead.

Haven't used them although considering it, thought I'd share. Anyone tried them?

http://www.envirofone.ie/
    Joe Duffys show was talking about this only recently.
    Liveline Podcast - money for mobile phones
    http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2010/pc/pod-v-2604109m55slivelinephones.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭positron

donmeister wrote: »
    Got €140 for my Nokia N95 8gb about a week later straight into my bank account.

Ah no!! I sold my perfectly fine N95 8gb for 120 quid here on Adverts last week! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Nice one. Never heard of these sites. I have a few phones lying around to get rid of. Seems like a lot less hassle than trying to sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Was listening to that the other day they sent off 6 phones and got something like 1 euro and 4 cent !! Another person got 6 cent. In cheque format !! It would cost me a lot more in lost time getting to the bank to cash that !!!

Maybe you should stop selling exclusively in Fraggle Rock so...

I asked for that.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

positron wrote: »
    Ah no!! I sold my perfectly fine N95 8gb for 120 quid here on Adverts last week! :(

Well this was about 3 months ago when I got €140, just checked envirofone there again and its value is gone down to €110 so dont fret! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Was listening to that the other day they sent off 6 phones and got something like 1 euro and 4 cent !! Another person got 6 cent. In cheque format !! It would cost me a lot more in lost time getting to the bank to cash that !!!

But most of the people calling in hadn't bothered to check the website to see how much they were worth first!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

www.envirofone.ie
    Registered there last May , got a quote for my samsung for 70e approx , sent it to them .... and never heard anything back , contacted them million times they claim that never got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

I sent my nokia n73 to them 2 weeks ago with broken volume up/down buttons on it, they lodged the full value as quoted on their site to me 3 days ago so they seem fine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

I had terrible experience when using them a good while back. I sent them two Sony Erricson W800i. They quoted me I think €100 for each phone so I sent them off. Each time I was waiting to hear them it took up to six weeks, first of all they said both phones were damaged upon arrival and would now pay €80 per phone (this came as two identical emails - one per phone), I then said that this was fine, another 6 weeks later I get a cheque for €80 but no sign of the second one. There is no contact phone number on their site and they haven't responded to any of my emails since. I found the whole process very frustrating and I would steer well clear of them in future. All of the above is for envirophone btw, haven't dealt with any of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

i had vodafone M1 ,Got it two months ago. and envirofone website evaluated it for 53 euro. no many websites does SAMSUNG M1.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Ah you would in fairness (prob) around 20% more on Ebay for one.
    Problem with ebay is, (speaking from experience) you get inundated with emails from the new buyer for a while afterwards....

This phones turning itself off....
    How do I do this?
    Wont recognise my sim card.....

You get my drift?

Far better to sell it on to a company ona buy as seen basis and be done with it.

Thats my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Nokia 3310 nets you 1.06 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭peteandjenn

Why don't ye give the old phones to charity? Like the jack and jill foundation. I do with all my old phones. The kids in School collect them for this charity too.

Those callers are morons. Did they honestly think Envirophone hand out €00s for any old sh!te?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

JustinOval wrote: »
    Those callers are morons. Did they honestly think Envirophone hand out €00s for any old sh!te?

For the most part, Joe's callers are morons. Calling that show to moan about stupid things is a waste of everyones time and my licence fee.

There's another non-bargain alert - abolish RTE and save us all €158 a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

abolish RTE and save us all €158 a year!
    €160! :(

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/consumer-affairs/media/tv_licences#rates

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Your phone has no monetary value but you can still make a difference by using it to plant a tree!"
    Damn you, 3660! I can't take the missus out for dinner with a notional tree!

• Advertisement

For the most part, Joe's callers are morons. Calling that show to moan about stupid things is a waste of everyones time and my licence fee.

There's another non-bargain alert - abolish RTE and save us all €158 a year!

Has anyone called about the Pixmania LCD TV yet? :pac:

Advertisement