Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 on the staff/postgrad network

Options
  • 27-04-2010 9:37pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭

Hey folks! I'm doing a bit of tech support for a friend of mine who's laptop is borked. She'll have to be buying a new one, but she's a staff member and her machine's in the college domain. IS Services say they don't connect Windows 7 but it seems all new PC's are sold with it on it. Has anyone actually managed to get them to connect it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

Red Alert wrote: »
    Hey folks! I'm doing a bit of tech support for a friend of mine who's laptop is borked. She'll have to be buying a new one, but she's a staff member and her machine's in the college domain. IS Services say they don't connect Windows 7 but it seems all new PC's are sold with it on it. Has anyone actually managed to get them to connect it?

Hey not sure if it's different or not but I have Windows 7 on the undergraduate network working grand. I think most of my lecturers have Windows 7 on their laptops but don't quote me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dante

I've had no problems with it, but if you do....I'm fairly sure all Trinity staff and students get free Microsoft products to download so you could just download Vista or XP and install it once you buy the laptop. She'll need her Trinity email address to make an account on the website from what I remember.

Heres the link anyways: http://msdn60.e-academy.com/elms/Storefront/Storefront.aspx?campus=msdnaa_qh6799&np1=112

EDIT: Oops sorry, I think thats only for members of the Computer Science department! :S

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭boblong

I can't imagine it being an issue, I thought they added support for 7.

Anyway if you can't connect, download a live cd of your favourite linux distro and use that to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

IS Services... don't get me started, nothing works properly.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Installing Vista Business on it... turns out if you're staff (or maybe student also) you can get the OS disks free from IS Services under their campus agreement. Shame UCD don't do that :( Cheers folks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement