Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bee keeping

Options
  • 27-04-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

hi i have been thinking of getting into bee keeping, im looking for info on set up, time involved and when is the best time to start
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Its something I may get into sometime and in anticipation I've planted lots of Lime trees!

I think to start off, get to know local bee keepers and attend a beginner course
    http://www.irishbeekeeping.ie/
    http://www.beekeepinginireland.com/

If this is something you get going with, it would be great if you would share experiences here...if it allows any time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

hello all this was the only page i could find on the small problem i have . iv just noticed a couple of wasps coming and going from under my bungalo roof .i take it there just on the early stages of building a hornets nest (hive).
    has anybody a few tips on how to get rid of them as humanly as possible .iv young kids that play in the area . i was thinking of just blocking up were there getting in, but noticed that there is hundred and one ways they could get in :D .is there any insect spray or other tips that yous know off that could help and get rid of this small problem . cheers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Visit you local DIY Store. There are several Wasp and Wasp Nest killers available. Now is the time to do it. Ideally you should also block up their access.

BTW: It's a Wasp Nest as opposed to a Hornets Nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

Visit you local DIY Store. There are several Wasp and Wasp Nest killers available. Now is the time to do it. Ideally you should also block up their access.

BTW: It's a Wasp Nest as opposed to a Hornets Nest.

thanks for the quick reply srameen im on im way up to woodies diy ..;)

Advertisement