Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Scuttle - Collaborative Filmmaking

Options
  • 27-04-2010 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

Ever wanted to MAKE or be in a MOVIE but never got the chance? Well now YOU can!

My name is Damien, and I am a fourth year Interactive Multimedia student. For my final year project I have been developing a collaborative and interactive filmmaking network. The project is aimed at film enthusiasts, amateur and professionals filmmakers and student filmmakers. The project is also for actors of all levels or for those of you who want to give it a shot for the first time. Anyone who may be interested in working with film audio such as sound effects and soundtracks can also get involved.

For many people who are interested in film it can be very confusing and demotivating when trying to get the a film off the ground or even shown. It can also be difficult to get information from primary sources on all aspects of filmmaking. So this is also what the project hopes to achieve, to give people a platform on which they can showcase their filmmaking talents and share much valuable information.

The site is live on the internet and you are welcome to register for an account and to participate in a genuinely unique form of filmmaking. This is not only a final year project but a project that will be kept running after I have finished and will be developed further.

The website itself is still in BETA and will be undergoing some enhancements over the coming weeks.
    On the forum and you are all free to give any feedback or suggestions as to the sites aesthetics and functionality. All feedback will be greatly appreciated!

This is NOT an attempt at creating yet another social networking site!!!!

This is an experiment in creating a truly innovative filmmaking system.

To find out what is so unique about this is just go to www.project-scuttle.net

If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail me or contact me via the project forum/email.

Thanks,
    Damien Wilson

Interactive Multimedia Year 4 / IMM400

P.S. If you have any friends who you think might be interested in the project, could you forward this email to them please? That includes your class groups in college, work colleagues, friends or anyone you might know in Hollywood

Advertisement