Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon Town houses

Options
  • 27-04-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Well,

Moving up to the this neck of the woods next week with work, just wondering whats roscommon town like?

Working out in Lanesboro and were thinking of getting a house in roscommon town, might be hard as were only going to be there four months.

Would there be any areas to avoid getting a house in?

Was looking on daft, theres a few nice houses in Abbeyville.

Also, is there a gym in the town, cinema, or places to go to pass an evening?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's plans for a cinema to open this summer.

Afaik town doesn't have "bad areas".

Check the local papers
    www.roscommonherald.com
    www.roscommonchampion.ie

Lowest crime in Ireland according to:
    http://www.roscommoncoco.ie/services/CommEnt/BSU/docs/07%20Guide%20to%20Living%20and%20Working%20Edn%202.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

Roscommon town is one of my favorite towns in Ireland. I feel safe there any time of day, and it doesn't seem to have any "bad" areas. There are a lot of pubs, a couple niteclubs, music. There are plans for a cinema, but at this point in time it doesn't have one. I recall seeing a gym there, but didn't pay much attention to it. Pretty much has all the shops you'd need, a number of grocery stores including Tescos, Aldi and Dunnes, and a few interesting different small ones (Time pieces being one of my favorite ones). There are a number of good restaurants, along with the usual chippers and fast food places. The park around Roscommon Castle is one of the nicests ones in the country in my opinion. The town hosts a weely farmer's market, and there are lots of events, music festivals, plays, etc to go to.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

The Arts Centre is really good and has a good selection of stuff on...

http://www.roscommonartscentre.ie/

They do classes and have a cinema screen afaik as well as all the normal stuff you expect.

Athlone is also only 25 minutes or so away and there's loads to do there too...

Advertisement