Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!!!!

Options
  • 27-04-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a bit of a major quinn problem and am not looking for legal advice but more my rights regards the situation?
    Basically I rang them up and added some performance modifications to my car, I was told I needed an engineers report and cant drive my car until I get it done
    After much effort I got it done and sent it off, fine.
    Then I rang up and was informed that I was incorrectly informed and that I could have driven my car all the time and they would ring me back with a new premium, fine.
    Got a call back to say policy updated at no extra cost, bigno :D

Got a new certicicate of insurance today and they didnt list my modifications, so i rang and they said there was a mistake and nobody actually added my mods to the policy, they were only put in a note beside it :confused:

They want 411 euro extra :eek: which is half my policy and say i have no cover until i pay it, i argued alot and got 100 off, i then demanded to speak to the manager and they are ringing my back after they see what they can do
    considering they say they have the note saying i was told no extra charge, and its halfway through my policy, what can I do or what rights would I have?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They recorded the conversation, ask them for the recording. It was a contract negotiated at distance and not a customer service enquiry which would not be recorded. When they do distance selling they should record.

Contact their compliance officer and cc the financial regulator when you seek the recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

They claim its not a contract and admit to having the recording? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Who says getting angry gets you nowhere, i demanded the supervisor got nowhere, demanded the manager and got very shouty and angry as honestly they have messed me around so so much and got it done free of charge after all the standard 'the manager will tell you exactly what i have etc bla bla bla you owe us 411 euro' :D all i had to endure was 40 mins on the phone and alot of stress, thanks for your reply

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

the recording will clearly show your case , complain to the financial regulator about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement