Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6

Options
  • 27-04-2010 7:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

hello all,

have been looking at a second hand Mazda 6, since my last question about a land rover freelander.

are there any issues with them that I should know about before I buy one??

thank you for any input given

mayoman

ps i won't be around till tonight so thank you for your comments now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

From what I've read don't buy a diesel...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

check for rust around the wheel arches and underbody and their not bad cars just that the engine is noisy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

If its the new version (08 on) then dont buy the 2.0l diesel. The 2.2l is much better but if you can find one it will probably be a u.k. import.
    Also if you love plastic looking interiors you'll be in heaven...
    Those were a couple of things that put me off buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yep, as said before avoif the old model in a diesel, and try and get a high spec one with nice stereo etc. there's a good bit of choice out there so don't settle for poverty spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mayoman ngalway

cheers lads,

it's a 05 1.8 petrol. looks in good nick, 61k on the clock, taking it for a test drive at the weekend. so if that goes well it take it home there and then.

i am driving a 00 is200 at the moment, some might say it's a come down...
    but hopefully for the best.

thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I had an 03 1.8 petrol from new for 4 years and never has to get anything done with it except the annual services and tyres. It did drink petrol though, so worth considering if you'll be doing a lot of mileage.

Advertisement