Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cctv

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi and sorry to jump in on sombody elses thread.

I have wired for RG 59 and have ran cat 5e alongside it in case of a change in cameras. What is the most appropriate power cable to run with it or if needed can i power the cameras (night vision camera preferred) via the cat 5e or will i have to wire another line.
    The proposed route for these cameras are via a pc card and also modulated to view on all tvs in realtime.

Hope anyone out there can help.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

run 2 core flex would be the best you could use the cat 5 but if you ever change the cameras you amy have to do more cabling again so best thing is run in the flex if its easy enough to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Hi and sorry to jump in on sombody elses thread.

I have wired for RG 59 and have ran cat 5e alongside it in case of a change in cameras. What is the most appropriate power cable to run with it or if needed can i power the cameras (night vision camera preferred) via the cat 5e or will i have to wire another line.
    The proposed route for these cameras are via a pc card and also modulated to view on all tvs in realtime.

Hope anyone out there can help.

Regards
    The cat5 will be fine. If you find that you are getting too much of a voltage drop at the camera just double up on the cat5

Hi,
    looking for a fairly decent camera setup for a house. 4 channel dvr with network port 4 outdoor ir dome cameras. need to be of reasonable quality.
    any body any suggestions or rough idea of price dont want to spend millions but dont want to put up rubbish either

would something like this do the job?
    http://www.alertelectrical.com/CCTV-Systems-And-Components/CCTV-Surveillance-Systems-Complete/4-IR-Dome-Cameras-4-Channel-MPEG-4-CCTV-kit-901522.asp

Thanks
    The resolution of the cameras is a very low.
    Ring a few Irish wholesalers, with so many of them going out of business they are all eager for your custom plus there are some good deals to be had
    Most will courier to you foc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jnealon wrote: »
    The resolution of the cameras is a very low.
    Agreed, which in turn is matched by a small HDD . Only 16gb, 500GB is more or less the standard now.
    Like Jnealon said, shop around.

• Advertisement

any places i can try. been on to the wholesalers down here ge seem to be doin a kit of 4 cameras and a dvr with all the gadgets seems very good hes to get back to me with a price, any idea wat i could expect to pay for one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Hi,
    looking for a fairly decent camera setup for a house. 4 channel dvr with network port 4 outdoor ir dome cameras. need to be of reasonable quality.
    any body any suggestions or rough idea of price dont want to spend millions but dont want to put up rubbish either

would something like this do the job?
    http://www.alertelectrical.com/CCTV-Systems-And-Components/CCTV-Surveillance-Systems-Complete/4-IR-Dome-Cameras-4-Channel-MPEG-4-CCTV-kit-901522.asp

Thanks
    Take a look at http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk
    I dont know how much exactly but i would imagine about €1000 wud do it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tim M-U wrote: »
    For 4 cameras & a DVR you would get something ok for €1000

mazthepark, what is your location?
    Have you a budget in mind?
    I'll point you in the direction of some good wholesalers.

based in galway am a spark by trade. been to a few wholesalers around here. one of them does a fairly good 4 camera system from ge with everything i could ever want for about 900 mark but seen as there new mite get one a bit cheaper because il be the first guinea pig to try one out. :D

GE is going to be good. Have you got any specs on the cameras & DVR?

• Advertisement

koolkid wrote: »
    GE is going to be good. Have you got any specs on the cameras & DVR?

ya thats wat i figured alright. dont know exact camera but there an ir dome camera. Thats the specs on dvr. all seems pretty good for the price. theres a 3 year warranty i think and al the phone and service support i want.
    http://www.gesecurity.com/portal/site/GESecurity/menuitem.f76d98ccce4cabed5efa421766030730?selectedID=7577&seriesyn=true&seriesID=

You should be ok with GE but €900 doesn't mean much without specs.
    You will be paying extra for the name so try some of the Dublin wholesalers who sell their own oem kit.
    Also look for a 3 or 5 year guarantee on the kit

Yep thats good for that price. I would try squeeze for the 500GB HDD .
    100FPS for 4 way will give you real time recording .

ya but mite just be easier buy an external one and plug it in instead or whip in a new one if i get it would be cheaper that way. seems like a good one for the price tho

ya but mite just be easier buy an external one and plug it in instead or whip in a new one if i get it would be cheaper that way. seems like a good one for the price tho
    DVRs vary. Before whipping out Hard drives check if the system software is on the HDD or on board.

oh ya i know that but it will take an external one neway so can just do that

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

Tim M-U wrote: »

€1000 are ya mad, can get a good entry level 4ch drv kit for €350 or higher spec for around €700

http://www.rdtechnologies.biz

ei0675 wrote: »
    €1000 are ya mad, can get a good entry level 4ch drv kit for €350 or higher spec for around €700

Not mad, he was looking for a good system not entry level.
    Try comparing like with like.
    The specs off that site are very poor.
    Cameras 1/4" Sony CCD IR Camera , 420TVL .
    Poor quality compared to 520- 540 which is standard now.
    4ch duplex DVR economic model,w/50fps recording playback
    50 FPS also a very low record rate by todays standard.

Even on what you call the higher spec, the cameras are the same quality & the recorder is only 120 fps.

I,m not sayings its not good value, it is for the standard. But €1000 is also good value for Higher spec cameras, higher spec recorder & larger HDD.
    Thats without going into what extra features may be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

ei0675 wrote: »

http://www.rdtechnologies.biz

I wouldn't like try get an image for the Gardai off that system.
    You get what you pay for.

I wouldn't like try get an image for the Gardai off that system.
    You get what you pay for.

Another good point. I wonder does that system have digital watermarking?
    Without it the images are not admissible as evidence, no matter how good they are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement