Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB shards in gbb

Options
  • 26-04-2010 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I've just noticed that there are remnants and shards of bb's around the barrel of my gbb and on the feeding lip on the mag. I noticed it when i pulled back the slide, there were tiny bits of bb's around the entry to the pipe and on the mag lip.
    I was thinking maybe the mag lip is too tight and is slightly breaking the bb's as they fire out, but im not sure.
    Any ideas what is going on?

Also, sometimes the slide locks back as if the mag is empty, even when there are bb's left in the mag, is that common or is there a problem?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Whats BB's do you use? If they are a cheap nasty make (not mentioning any names cough
    Raptor!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ) then that could have something to do with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Jinkazama

J.D.R wrote: »
    Whats BB's do you use? If they are a cheap nasty make (not mentioning any names cough
    Raptor!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ) then that could have something to do with it

They are Q Bullet .20g bb's . They good?

Sorry, but never heard of them. The only Pelets I would reccomend are either G&G, which you would get in any good airsoft shop, ICS extreme precision, again in ever good airsoft shop, and Quality Airsoft Supplies own brand TnT BB's.

The G&G's are never fail, but nearly 20 quid a pop, so a bit expensive, whereas the TnT BB's are the same quality, for only 12.50 a bag. I have only use the ICS BB's once, but I had no problems with them. Afraid I've never heard of Q Bullets. Did you get them from an Irish retailer or on the interweb, or where? (don't use names, as that is frowned upon)

Sorry, but never heard of them. The only Pelets I would reccomend are either G&G, which you would get in any good airsoft shop, ICS extreme precision, again in ever good airsoft shop, and Quality Airsoft Supplies own brand TnT BB's.

The G&G's are never fail, but nearly 20 quid a pop, so a bit expensive, whereas the TnT BB's are the same quality, for only 12.50 a bag. I have only use the ICS BB's once, but I had no problems with them. Afraid I've never heard of Q Bullets. Did you get them from an Irish retailer or on the interweb, or where? (don't use names, as that is frowned upon)

I got them from an Irish airsoft retailer yes.

Im guessing if i cant say names, then i should'nt link to them

I have Blaster bb's too, would they be better to use?

• Advertisement

Its OK, just found them (thanks for saying it had a link, as it reminded me where it could be).

As far as the BB's go, not sure if they are precision, but I do know that the retailer you got them off would not sell shody merchandise, as they are top class, and would not screw you over. I would never have any hesitation in recomending them as a seller.

But, that leads to another problem, which is that, apart from the BB's, I have very limited knowledge of what else could be wrong, so this is where I back out and let a more experienced member of Boards taje care of you.

Good luck

Its OK, just found them (thanks for saying it had a link, as it reminded me where it could be).

As far as the BB's go, not sure if they are precision, but I do know that the retailer you got them off would not sell shody merchandise, as they are top class, and would not screw you over. I would never have any hesitation in recomending them as a seller.

But, that leads to another problem, which is that, apart from the BB's, I have very limited knowledge of what else could be wrong, so this is where I back out and let a more experienced member of Boards taje care of you.

Good luck

Ok, well thanks for your advice anyway mate :)

I will try a different brand of bb's and see if that makes a difference anyways, i will update...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

q-bullet and blaster BBs are one and the same I think (i.e. ****e). I have to laugh at how Raptors claim to be the same rating as blasters. It's like saying your car is as reliable as a fiat :-)

So blaster and Q-Bullet bb's are a no no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

When I first started airsoft all I used was blasters and they gave me no problems. But there are certainly higher quality BB's out there, which is usually what I use nowadays unless I'm stuck.

So look at it this way you get what you pay for. It's usually worth the few extra euro to get the better quality BB's, your gun will thank you, but your enemies won't ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

I think i know where u got those q bb's. wouldnt touch them again. they are s**t.

I think i know where u got those q bb's. wouldnt touch them again. they are s**t.

Oh...Thanks for advice :)
    Any brand you'd recommend?

Could there be any problems other than the bb brand causing this?

Advertisement