Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove nest or not.

Options
  • 26-04-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Now that the Robins have hatched and left the nest when is the right time to remove the nest,maybe it should be left alone as they may reuse it again.BTW 4 chicks out and about feeding:Dstrange yellowish colour and odd markings would not think they are Robins.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They are certainly early to be fledged!

Why remove the nest at all? Is it in someone's way?

Yellow and odd markings? Are you sure they are juvenile Robins?:)

http://www.stephenburch.com/oxonpics/2009/Juv%20Robin%20home%2025%20May%2009sm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TRNIALL

They are certainly early to be fledged!

Why remove the nest at all? Is it in someone's way?

Yellow and odd markings? Are you sure they are juvenile Robins?:)

http://www.stephenburch.com/oxonpics/2009/Juv%20Robin%20home%2025%20May%2009sm.jpg
    Yes definitely Robins me thinks,they were a light yellowish/green in color and had flecks on their Brest similar to Meadow Pipit, but a lot fatter,the parents are still keeping a watchful eye.No the nest ain't in anyones way but just wondering if they will use it again,its located in the corner of the window cill tucked behind the Ivy that covers the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

TRNIALL wrote: »
    Yes definitely Robins me thinks,they were a light yellowish/green in color and had flecks on their Brest similar to Meadow Pipit, but a lot fatter,the parents are still keeping a watchful eye.No the nest ain't in anyones way but just wondering if they will use it again,its located in the corner of the window cill tucked behind the Ivy that covers the wall.

They may use it, most likely won't, but I would leave it on the off-chance

LostCovey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Other birds may use it for roosting. Also plenty other animals such as moths...As many as a handful of species can emerge from a nest feeding on the remains.
    Having siad that, my daughter removed a blackbird nest for her own educational purposes.

This is a nest that either Magpies/Jays or cats or both cleared out. It didn't even get to hatching :(
    The nest is a work of art

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TRNIALL

Thank you all for the replies,the nest shall stay where it is:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement