Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I say something

Options
  • 26-04-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Thanks for reading this.I seen a man struggle today.He was draging his wife, trying to get her to sit down.He put her rested on the bench, and she rolled off it,and smaked her head and arm .I ran to help.The poor man, was trying to take his wife out.He took her from the car , to the bench.He left her wheelchair in the car, and had gone back to get it , when the woman feel.
    He said its the first time he used the wheel chair and I had to help him assemble it .
    The woman , was unhurt, that I could see.I know from talking to him, she is a resident in a nursing home.She was very disabled, her speech was limited and Im worried sick that she might have hurt herself more then we thought and also , that the man, was taken hs wife out, when he clearly couldnt manage.
    Any advice, should I contact the nusing home and let them know what happened , but I fear they would stop the husband bringing her out, or , say nothing.
    Cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I'd be more concerned that the woman smacked her head than anything else. Did her husband say he'd get her checked out? Maybe you could call the nursing home. Head injuries can be so serious. Accidents can happen so I doubt they'd prevent future outings for the couple but it's better that the man knows how to look after his wife in this kind of a situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭mollymascara

Maybe you could ring the home as suggested previously. I do believe any harm would come from it, you could inform them of the fall and also that from what you have seen the man wasnt managing very well, perhaps it would give the staff in the nursing home an opportunity to give the man a "how to". Many people struggle to care for loved ones at first, there is help and support out there, but only if it is asked for/ made aware to staff etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Ok, I think I will.thanks for the help.I honestly hope Im doing the right thing.I do think she was ok.thanks again,Cathy

Advertisement