Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa Romeo GT Anti Roll Bar Bushes

Options
  • 26-04-2010 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1218780

Howdy all,

Saw this GT on DoneDeal and it states that it needs new glove box handle and Anti Roll Bar bushes.

Is it usualy for these bushes to be worn out on a 2006 GT? Any idea how much to fix or is this car not worth the hassle

cheers
    V
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ya the bushes go in the arb alright. About 300 main dealer job or pm me and I'll give you the number of a guy that'll do it for half that. Dealers replace the whole bar and have to drop subframe to do it. If your handy with a spanner you can get the bushes on their own and do it that way.

That GT has been around a while and sounds rough. Be careful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

gpf101 wrote: »
    Ya the bushes go in the arb alright. About 300 main dealer job or pm me and I'll give you the number of a guy that'll do it for half that. Dealers replace the whole bar and have to drop subframe to do it. If your handy with a spanner you can get the bushes on their own and do it that way.

That GT has been around a while and sounds rough. Be careful...

Cheers.

Seems to be a few bits wrong with the car... and if ya say its sound rough.. then may be best to find something that doesnt need so much attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

Yeah I got the bushes on one side done last week. 06

150 each side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Yeah I got the bushes on one side done last week. 06

150 each side.

Sounds like normal wear then, but I may avoid due to other things that need fixing. Strange that the car sales place is selling without fixing these things first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ya I noticed that car and I could be totally wrong but it just doesn't feel 100%. The GT is a lovely car but there are things to look out for and it needs to have been maintained well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

For a garage to advertise it needing anti roll bar bushes, I would think that its generally loose around the front suspension & they will simple put all the rattles down to the bushes when you may possibly need control arms etc also.
    Dont buy one thats not 100%. Anything noticed on a test drive will only get worse.

Advertisement