Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crime King Ping Loses His Car Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭pcardin

And? Who seized the cars?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

pcardin wrote: »
    And? Who seized the cars?

assuming the French Police, he was a French Drug Lord afterall!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Two Veyrons and two Enzos :eek:

I bet even that oil dude in Brunei doesn't have two each!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭pcardin

I see...thought he is Russian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

pcardin wrote: »
    I see...thought he is Russian
    Nope, from Scalawag Point apparently: King Ping

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

That blue veyron would look well on my drive:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The guy used to post on the Ferrari Chat forum.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282290

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

2 veyrons and 2 enzo's

and the guy drove around in a banger to keep a low profile.....
    thats the worst part.....

robtri wrote: »
    2 veyrons and 2 enzo's

and the guy drove around in a banger to keep a low profile.....
    thats the worst part.....

That's just typical tabloid exaggeration. He had a new Ford Focus ST but he was regularly seen in his Enzos/Phantoms/Veyrons around London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I thought this thread was going to be about Jay Leno.

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    The guy used to post on the Ferrari Chat forum.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282290

icemanbops, wha? :D

unkel wrote: »
    icemanbops, wha? :D

Apparently when asked what he did for a living he said he had pharmaceutical business :pac:

They call him Don Carleone :D

Freud would have had something to say about the man's obsession to buy everything in pairs. Balls issue? Lack of a pair in that department? Here's another pair of his cars:

alexander_surin_rolls.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

a drug dealer parking a ferrari enzo outside harrods:D

that is taking the piss a bit!! i hope he isnt wondering how he got caught!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Good link to pics of a lot of his cars plus himself.

http://jalopnik.com/5525486/drug-kingpins-own-secret-addiction-car-forums

Funny tidbit of information:
    In 2006, Surin created an anonymous account on the Ferrari Chat (membership required) forum, a semi-exclusive online automotive lounge for owners and lovers of the famed Italian marque. It was there where he posted under the name "Icemanbops," a hilarious screen name given "iceman" is a slang term for a cocaine dealer. The "Bops" part is because this Alexander Surin may be Michael Boparan, a trader busted in a major customs sting in 2003 whose conviction was overturned due to a mistake on the part of the prosecution.

And everyone called him Mike on F-Chat too..

Vertakill wrote: »
    Good link to pics of a lot of his cars plus himself.

http://jalopnik.com/5525486/drug-kingpins-own-secret-addiction-car-forums

Funny tidbit of information:

And everyone called him Mike on F-Chat too..

Yes, keeping up with the thread on F-Chat at the moment and the guy has had a history of trouble with the law, even serving time a few years ago. He called himself Mike on the forum, though it's now clear that he had other aliases. He was overly sensitive and got really offended if anyone doubted that he really owned all the cars (which he did). Really interesting how all of this has turned out, I'll be keeping an eye on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Yeah lol, it's incredible. It's even more incredible that some people are defending him on some of these forums (pistonheads/fchat).

I can't find the link now but someone basically was saying how he didn't force anyone to take drugs, he was merely providing it.. and that we should all lay off the guy because he was 'living the dream' and all this crap.

Pretty hilarious how people can defend a guy like that rather than admit they were fooled by all the bling.

I wonder would these same people defend a burglar who goes out and buys himself Gucci/Armani clothes with the money he's made from his 'job'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Bugatti Veyron (x2): £1,100,000
    Enzo Ferrari (x2): £400,000

seriously where do the reporters get these figures? They're way off... Enzo is worth twice that much!

steve06 wrote: »
    Bugatti Veyron (x2): £1,100,000
    Enzo Ferrari (x2): £400,000

seriously where do the reporters get these figures? They're way off... Enzo is worth twice that much!

Each, steve ;)

So 3 million for the Veyrons and the Enzos and 1 million for the other cars combined. Totals 4 million.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

He has an account on piston heads and ferrarichat..on his profile he has his profession as "pharmaceuticals" :D

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Each, steve ;)

So 3 million for the Veyrons and the Enzos and 1 million for the other cars combined. Totals 4 million.
    I know it's each... but the cheapest Enzo in the uk is currently 795k. They have them as being worth half that. There's almost 4m between the Enzo's and Veyron's ignoring the other cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Imagine finding those at a police auction!

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Imagine finding those at a police auction!
    I'd imagine if they went at auction they'd sell for nearly market value anyway. But with guys like this, sometimes the cars are just crushed to teach them a lesson! :(

steve06 wrote: »
    I'd imagine if they went at auction they'd sell for nearly market value anyway. But with guys like this, sometimes the cars are just crushed to teach them a lesson! :(

"Teaching them a lesson" would be a criminal waste of public money. Surely that doesn't happen?

Advertisement