Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streets of Rage Remake

Options
  • 26-04-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, I just found this forum about a week ago and I must say it's great to see such a vibrant retro community here in Ireland.

I notice some of you are fans of the Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle series (some of you have bought the original MD carts and are playing through the series recently :P ) and wondered if you had heard of a freeware game called Streets of Rage Remake made by Spanish homebrew developer BoMbErLiNk. It's a game built from the ground up using it's own engine (not a rom hack) written using FENIX/Bennu. It incorporates elements from the three original games: all playable characters/enemies, remade stages/remade SoR1 sprites in SoR2/3 style, a fully remixed soundtrack from a number of well respected video game remixers including Gecko Yamori from OCRemix and a list of new features and game modes too long to include here.

The v4 beta was released in 2006 and the final version is nearing completion. If you would like to download the beta you can do so at http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1012
    or read the detailed project blog at http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/

I am a moderator on the forums over there and have been following the project for some time. Surprisingly, I am the only community member from Ireland so I would be delighted if any of you here wished to join and introduce yourselves on our forum.

You guys are real true retro enthusiasts here, keep gaming lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Welcome to the forum! We're not a bad lot here..honest :pac:

SOR Remake is indeed a great project. I didn't know it was still ongoing? Thought it had been finished a long time ago. Will have to download the most recent version!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I played through this a while ago, its really good and feels just like a true continuation of the series

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Charco79

Thanks o1s1n! Yep, it's still a WIP. Anything in the dev blog from January 2007 onwards has been added to the as yet unreleased v5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sounds brilliant, had no idea about this. Could be time to dust off that Tototek flash card to play it on a real genny :) (genny? Ive read WAY too many usa guides)

EnterNow wrote: »
    Sounds brilliant, had no idea about this. Could be time to dust off that Tototek flash card to play it on a real genny :) (genny? Ive read WAY too many usa guides)

Unfortunately this isnt playable on real SEGA hardware, the game has more features and high quality music than could ever fit on a real MD cart, besides, its written in a language that would not run on MD even if it could be done. It will run on Windows. The new version will have official ports for Windows, GP2X Wiz and Wii (via Homebrew Channel). Wii version will have IR support for use on palette editors for in game characters and enemies. You will also be able to use Classic Controller and GC controller.

• Advertisement

Charco79 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this isnt playable on real SEGA hardware, the game has more features and high quality music than could ever fit on a real MD cart, besides, its written in a language that would not run on MD even if it could be done. It will run on Windows. The new version will have official ports for Windows, GP2X Wiz and Wii (via Homebrew Channel). Wii version will have IR support for use on palette editors for in game characters and enemies. You will also be able to use Classic Controller and GC controller.

Ah I see. Sorry man if the megadrive cant run it then it aint a megadrive game, at least in my books :p I guess I could run it via pc, Ill give that a shot so cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Charco79 wrote: »
    Wii (via Homebrew Channel). Wii version will have IR support for use on palette editors for in game characters and enemies. You will also be able to use Classic Controller and GC controller.

:eek:
    Now there's a reason to mod your Wii!

o1s1n wrote: »

Yeah, I haven't modded mine yet but I may do for the release of this project. Anyway, I can still play it on the 40" via HDMI from my laptop so it's all good!

o1s1n wrote: »

That and retro emulation in general. Aside from the controller (good for nes & genny), the wii makes a pretty good retro device.

Advertisement